Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

When your dh/so gets sick

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:22 PM
  • 26 Replies

How does he act?

Who is the biggest baby in your house?

LOL, dh, just came home legitimately ill but when he gets sick he WHINES........ugggh. LOL.  He is sleeping on the couch all propped up on pillows. I hope it is short lived. LOL

I am the tough one in the house, even he says it. LOL

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie944
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Yeah, my DH is the biggest baby... he called in sick because he was "stuffy" and whined about it for 2 straight days... this was after me and our 4 yr old DD had TERRIBLE colds (coughing, sneezing, sore throats, ect)... lol... guys are silly... 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, I had a double ear infection and a sinus infection a couple of weeks ago and was violently ill due to how severe the infection was. I did not whine once, LOL.  He came in the door whining......I feel misearable.  LOL.  I know he feels bad, I don't doubt it. It takes a lot for him to leave work but still the whining has got to go. LOL

Quoting angie944:

Yeah, my DH is the biggest baby... he called in sick because he was "stuffy" and whined about it for 2 straight days... this was after me and our 4 yr old DD had TERRIBLE colds (coughing, sneezing, sore throats, ect)... lol... guys are silly... 

bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess I've got it made! My husband rarely gets sick. When he does he just sleeps. :)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Mine doesn't get sick often thank goodness. Right now he is sleeping, thank goodness.  Hopefully he will sleep off the whine and sickness and not pass it to the rest of us. We have a habit if one of us adults is sick to sleep in the living room and shut the door and not get each other sick.  It helps.  I need to lysol the door knobs and such just in case though. Don't need any of the rest of us sick.

Quoting bigmama423:

I guess I've got it made! My husband rarely gets sick. When he does he just sleeps. :)

IndescribableMa
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine hardly gets sick also.. but when he does I dread it. LOL. Definitely the biggest baby ever ;) It's almost as if it's the end of the world when he doesn't feel good. It does seem to always hit him hard, though. It's just the constant groaning that bothers me lol. Nevertheless, we keep him in the bedroom with the door closed and check on him every couple of hours.. as well as lysoling in between. :-)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Well my tv is in our bedroom and he prefers the couch when congested. He says it keeps him up higher.  So I don't argue. We can shut the door to the living room and he is "shut off" from the rest of us..LOL that sounds worse than it is. 

sjump25
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh.. he's not too big of a baby.  He toughs it out a lot.  I can't really say he complains too much.  I'm the same way.  Although we were both VERY sick a couple of days ago and we both took turns sleeping and being violently ill (luckily different days so we took turns with the kids) but we both just slept and didn't really complain.

MissMissfit
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I am the biggest baby, but in my defense, when I get sick, I usually end up hospitalized. 

When he gets sick, he whines but nothing too obnoxious.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:37 PM

See that's the thing he can be really sick and be tough but other times not so much. When he had thyroid cancer and surgery and treatment he was one tough cookie.  But a bad cold or flu he whines.  LOL. I can't complain too much but whining grates my nerves.  Granted I have a headache today, so I am sure that factors in. LOL

calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
You know whats crazy is when they are sick they cant take care of the kids. If im sick I still have to be mom and fix meals,etc.I dont get to go veg out on the couch for a couple days like dh does. Must be nice..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN