Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

This kinda ticks me off

Posted by   + Show Post

So Victoria Secrets is coming out with a 50 shades line, I keep thinking of the women like me who wount be able to buy any of that stuff because they don't carry sizes for bigger women.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_style/146554/50_shades_of_grey_lingerie

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
Legaltype
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

As my grandmother used to say....that's a waste of money to pay that much for something you're going to have on for 1-2 minutes (lol).

Captain-Howdy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I end up going to boutiques around me they always have cute stuff in a F to G cup

Quoting zeesmuse:

Frederick's of Hollywood got the majority of my business...

Back when I had money...

Captain-Howdy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Have you tryed takeing her to a boutique to try to get her way from it a little? I mean it's cool to have a bra from Vicky's but how many people does she know that owns a bra from France?

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Quoting Captain-Howdy:

The first

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Okay. My fourteen-year-old LOVES LOVES LOVES Victoria's Secret. She first became acquainted with the store after buying scents with her best male friend, Jessie (he thinks Victoria's Secret should have an angel line for gay males, but that is another story).Soon whenever we would go in there (to buy scents because I damn sure cannot buy underwear from there), her eyes would wander towards the bras, thongs, and what have you. One day I had extra money and asked her did she want to buy bras (they were two for $49, padded, lacy, neon Vegas pink...sigh). She said yes, got fitted, and that was it. Her underwear looks much better and more expensive than mine do! So whatever negative thing is said about Victoria's Secret, she takes it personally like it is blasphemy. Yet I agree with you and the rest of the members about the sizes and prices of Victoria's Secret. 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't buy them

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM
They have like 3 bras with DD cup at my store. So frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I wore a 32DD. Finding a DD was difficult. 32 - impossible. My mother Praised God when I went into a 34.

Quoting Captain-Howdy:

I end up going to boutiques around me they always have cute stuff in a F to G cup

Quoting zeesmuse:

Frederick's of Hollywood got the majority of my business...

Back when I had money...

peacemom28
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I with ya honey. It sucks!

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh that is soo me!!! *Whistles as I skip through fantasy town*

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Yep unless you are skinny with huge boobs you are screwed lol

I want sexy bras, I get stuck with plain cotton :( not cute

Quoting Captain-Howdy:

I never relized that they don't carry a lot styles in an A cup. Looks like that store is coming up short all around.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

And they don't carry many styles in an A cup so it isn't just big girls that get screwed.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

AlyssaN
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:35 AM
I only buy their scents and the boy shorts since they are good quality. In bras I'm a 36 DD so I have to go to Nordstrom and buy wacoal. I have tried on hundreds of other brands and none fit as well. And they're lacy :) they are pricey ($48) but last a lot longer than the cheaper brands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Totally curious what this line looks like... I'll have to check from home later!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN