Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

RIP Twinkie

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:35 AM
  • 20 Replies

Alas Twinkie maybe be on its last leg 

Along with Hostess cupcakes

If the picket line is not crossed and employees do not return to work, this awful for you but oh so good treat's company will be shut down. 

The world without Twinkies and Hostess treats maybe a few pounds lighter but our hearts will not be so giddy like children when we eat a "forbidden treat". Alas it will be a new day......a day without Twinkie...........

LOL.  I don't eat them often but I love the Hostess cupcakes ones.

What is your favorite Hostess treat??

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't had any of those things in years, but I did stop in my tracks the other day at Publix when I saw chocolate cream Twinkies!  I had to stop myself from picking up the box!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Yes, I haven't had them in years either.  I'd probably find them too sweet now. I don't do sweets as much anymore, if it is too sweet it makes me ill.  

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:08 AM

What are they picketing for?  I love twinkies

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM

No idea, I only heard part of the report.  The natives were restless and making noise.  LOL.

Quoting hayliedlr:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:11 AM

awe well whatever reason that's a shame.

Quoting Thelmama:

No idea, I only heard part of the report.  The natives were restless and making noise.  LOL.

Quoting hayliedlr:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Yeah, that company has been around for years!  

Quoting hayliedlr:

awe well whatever reason that's a shame.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting hayliedlr:

givenshl
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

When I do buy them I alway get the Hostess Strawberry Cupcakes...Yum!

mcginnisc
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Yuck... I don't buy them. My kids have never had a Twinkie or a Hostess cupcake.. they would rather have mommy's from scratch items since I was a Pastry Chef before they came along... not to mention I'm kind of a health nut so I don't buy processed junk very often. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM

My kids have never had one either, but I used to love them.  LOL.  It was all the rage when I was a kid and high currenty in elementary school for lunch swapping.  Those were different times.  I have not had one, in YEARS.  

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yuck... I don't buy them. My kids have never had a Twinkie or a Hostess cupcake.. they would rather have mommy's from scratch items since I was a Pastry Chef before they came along... not to mention I'm kind of a health nut so I don't buy processed junk very often. 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM

The only time I've had Twinkies or anything Hostess is a few months ago when my mom sent me some Chocolate Twinkies.  They were horrible, lol.  I can't find the chocolate ones around here anywhere, but she thought I might like them because I love chocolate.  Leigh didn't even like them and he LOVES Twinkies!

So, I won't be sad to see them go.  Leigh on the other hand...he will probably be disappointed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)