Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

He doesn't know when to quit

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:07 AM
  • 3 Replies
My fiancé is really the sweetest but sometimes I feel that he just doesn't know when to quit. The kids love him dearly, and he's very playful, but I sometimes feel that he gets to acting a bit immature to the point that the kids get irritated. So then I'm having to step in to tell him to "CHILL OUT" because he's making the kids get upset or frustrated. He does this with his own kids too, and at times, I have to jump in and tell him to let them have some downtime.

I've voiced my concerns to him, because I don't want it to get to a point that the kids will only see him as a play thing and turn to not respect him.

Any thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:56 PM

What did he say when you talked to him?  How often does he get his own kids?  It sounds like he is trying a bit too hard to get accepted by yours and his kids.

mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Kmakksmom, he gets his own kids about twice a month, he talks to them frequently, and he makes visits to their school. He doesn't really have a lot of money to do things for them or mine, but that's okay with me as far as my kids. I don't expect him to spend money on them like that but to be loving and respectful. When I did speak to him about it, he said he wasn't going to hurt them and they were just having fun. I had to tell him that sometimes his fun turns out to be annoying and aggravating when he goes too far. And I'm also very protective too, so if I feel like he's going to far, I will step in. I sometimes think he does try too hard when he really doesn't have to. I know some things about his childhood that may be a reason to it as well. His dad had to raise him and his other siblings because his mom was a druggy and alcoholic. Then she unfortunately died from health issues.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

What did he say when you talked to him?  How often does he get his own kids?  It sounds like he is trying a bit too hard to get accepted by yours and his kids.

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN