Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

help!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM
  • 10 Replies
I am a mother of 3 and my husband works two full time jobs. I've always worked and my husband and I are a team and would pay everything together. But recently he's decided to take on more then he can handle. And while I'm truly and completely grateful he wants me to be a stay at home mom then having my kids in daycare. I see how truly exhausted he is and never has any days off to spend with us. Well I've tried looking for legitimate work at home opportunities but have not found one that doesn't seem like a scam. I just want to be able to make enough income to replace one of his jobs so he doesnt have to work so hard and can spend more time with us. Does anyone know of.any true work at home opportunities with no start up costs?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:55 PM

There are a lot of opportunities depending on the type of work you do.  Lots of companies are willing to allow you to telecommute since it is better for the environment and they do not have to absorb the cost of your equipment.  You can always ask in the interview if it would be a possibility.  I work in sales and many of my coworkers are able to do it. 

That being said, it's not something that you can do and not have a sitter.  Most companies are going to want your undivided attention while you are on their payroll.  Could you find something that is an opposite shift of your husband?

abaggett
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I completely understand, and I could find a sitter. if u needed to. I've done a lot of office type work such as data entry, customer service, call center, etc. And its impossible to find something around my husband schedule because tues- Fri he's a farm and his hours are usually from 7 am to 7 or 8 pm. And his 2nd job is sat- Mon 5:30 am - 6:30 pm
mommyofthezoo03
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Try googling virtual assistants. A ton will come up. HTen the work begins. You need to check the names of the ones you are interested in with the BBB. Then google the company name + reviews. I found a couple legit ones but I just don't have the skillset required. NEVER EVER pay anything up front! YOu can check out CHACHA. When I was doing that I was bringing home about $300 a month. You could also check out swagbucks. Using their search engine, thier coupons, taking surveys, answering poll questions and so much more you earn swagbucks which you can trade in for gift cards. Currently I have 2 $25 gcs for Walmart.com. Amazon cards are the cheapest though. The swagbucks add up pretty quick. 

EireLass
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Why don't you work opposing hours so no day care is needed?

abaggett
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM
It's just really complicated because 2 -3 times a week I have to go out of town take and pick up my daughter from school, and there isn't anyone that can take her and pick her up for me. I guess I'm just looking for something really flexible and can work do on my own time.
mommyofthezoo03
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

working opposite schedules sucks. We did it for a while and wow, did our family suffer. Never again. Never. 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Quoting EireLass:

Why don't you work opposing hours so no day care is needed?

That's what my hubby and I did while the kids were young.

MedicMommy722
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM
What about being a consultant for something like Scentsy or Avon or something like that? I honestly don't know how much you can make doing that but the women I know do these things seem to enjoy them. Just a thought...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abaggett
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Quoting mommyofthezoo03:

working opposite schedules sucks. We did it for a while and wow, did our family suffer. Never again. Never. 

I've done it and its super hard. My husband worked away from us for 4 years and it was way tough. Not being able to be around eachother as a family was tough, and I honestly don't know how we stayed together at times. But now that we actually get to live together and my children get to be with there dad even if it is for a couple of hours we don't take it for granted one bit. I think I'm going to start doing crafts from home. Thank you all for your input.
kimsardo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

There you go, a legit business, crafts. Good luck, there is money to be made with crafts for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)