Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Woman Freezes Eggs & 12 Years Later Gives Birth to Twins - What do you think about women freezing their eggs?

Posted by   + Show Post

Woman Freezes Eggs & 12 Years Later Gives Birth to Twins

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on November 19, 2012

2 eggsNot news-worthy: Monica Zapotoczny of Buenos Aires recently gave birth to twins. Somewhat news-worthy: Monica Zapotoczny, 45, of Buenos Aires, recently gave birth to twins via her eggs that she had frozen. Crazy news-worthy: Monica Zapotoczny, 45, of Buenos Aires, recently gave birth to twins via her eggs that she had frozen -- 12 years ago. That's a record!

After futilely attempting to get pregnant through in-vitro fertilization, Monica and her husband, Guillermo Husak, basically resigned themselves to the fact that they would never have a child of their own. But this past January, their luck changed, when Monica delivered fraternal twins, Mercedes and Guadalupe, via cesarean. Monica said of her experience: "It was a miracle. The joy we feel is indescribable, our family is complete. I hope other women who freeze their eggs take hope from this that their dreams can one day come true."

Um, yeah. Two healthy children from eggs Monica froze when she was 33 is unbelievable -- and to say that it can give hope to women who are trying to conceive, or who need to put off trying to conceive for health reasons, is an understatement. Monica's story is unprecedented (the previous record for birth through frozen eggs is seven years), and perhaps, it will change some people's minds on freezing their eggs.

Huge congrats to Monica and Gullermo. I'm sure they couldn't be happier with their two beautiful children. Glad the science exists for this to happen. Just because they were dealt a rough hand, doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to enjoy parenthood.

What do you think about women freezing their eggs?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Replies (11-18):
kimsardo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Well if they eggs look brown and like they came from a chicken then I feel weird about it.

If they are the womens eggs, which I know that is what this is talking about, then good for her. 

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Awesome!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Not something I would ever be interested in but it's pretty amazing

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Aged out of the adoption process? How so?

Quoting cherylam:

I wish I would have thought of it... we want children so badly, but have 'aged out' of the adoption process.  This miracle will never happen for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylam
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Aged out of the adoption process? How so?

Quoting cherylam:

I wish I would have thought of it... we want children so badly, but have 'aged out' of the adoption process.  This miracle will never happen for us.

I am 55, Dh is 61...every adoption agency we've talked to won't get past the age thing.  They won't do home studies, consider us for an older child or difficult to place, nothing... the last adoption agency worker suggested we either hire a surrogate or private adoption.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:43 PM
That's awesome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I don't really think much about it at all..

I think it's pretty neat though, good for them!!

Ireallydontcare
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I think congratulations. Welcome to parenthood. Good for them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN