Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Woman Freezes Eggs & 12 Years Later Gives Birth to Twins - What do you think about women freezing their eggs?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

Woman Freezes Eggs & 12 Years Later Gives Birth to Twins

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on November 19, 2012

2 eggsNot news-worthy: Monica Zapotoczny of Buenos Aires recently gave birth to twins. Somewhat news-worthy: Monica Zapotoczny, 45, of Buenos Aires, recently gave birth to twins via her eggs that she had frozen. Crazy news-worthy: Monica Zapotoczny, 45, of Buenos Aires, recently gave birth to twins via her eggs that she had frozen -- 12 years ago. That's a record!

After futilely attempting to get pregnant through in-vitro fertilization, Monica and her husband, Guillermo Husak, basically resigned themselves to the fact that they would never have a child of their own. But this past January, their luck changed, when Monica delivered fraternal twins, Mercedes and Guadalupe, via cesarean. Monica said of her experience: "It was a miracle. The joy we feel is indescribable, our family is complete. I hope other women who freeze their eggs take hope from this that their dreams can one day come true."

Um, yeah. Two healthy children from eggs Monica froze when she was 33 is unbelievable -- and to say that it can give hope to women who are trying to conceive, or who need to put off trying to conceive for health reasons, is an understatement. Monica's story is unprecedented (the previous record for birth through frozen eggs is seven years), and perhaps, it will change some people's minds on freezing their eggs.

Huge congrats to Monica and Gullermo. I'm sure they couldn't be happier with their two beautiful children. Glad the science exists for this to happen. Just because they were dealt a rough hand, doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to enjoy parenthood.

What do you think about women freezing their eggs?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

That's amazing!

EireLass
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Hm. I guess I've never thought much about it, other than movies on TV. I wonder what all is involved, contract-wise. Does she alone have sole ownership of them? Are they always frozen alone, or are they frozen after insemination? If so, does the husband have ownership rights as well? When the woman dies, do they dispose of the eggs?

sjump25
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM
I think it's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Good for them!!!
4kidsmommy
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I think it's an awesome idea. Especially for those who are career minded and don't have the time for the children. Or even those who end up with cancer or whatnot. Kudos and congrats to them

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I am not sure.

Holycropmom
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I went through IVF myself with my last child due to my ex while I was out with a hospital pain med got my tubes cut against my will so when I remarried my hubby & I did IVF and had fertilized eggs that we froze till we needed them. A child is a miracle no matter how they are made from natural to IVF everyone should have a chance at parenthood. When you decide to go thru IVF papers are drawn up to decide if in case of divorce or one of the parents of the eggs die whom the eggs go to & if they are to be frozen or how many years. Plus in most states it cost 100.00 per year they are frozen too. The doctors can tell you what grade your eggs are so you will know how fertile they are & what chances you have to conceive. It's an experience that is totally remarkable!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
best2012
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Although the wedding is the ceremony in the world since the ancient times, the bride wore mermaid wedding dresses at the wedding’s history was less than 200 years.

The white silk  affordable beach wedding dresses Hem drag the bride wore was the originally Catholic ceremony service. Because of ancient European country is the theocratic state, when people get married they have to go to church to accept the priest or the pastor’s prayer and blessing, which to be considered the formal legal marriage. So the brides wear the white dress express their sincere and pure to God.

cherylam
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I wish I would have thought of it... we want children so badly, but have 'aged out' of the adoption process.  This miracle will never happen for us.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM

That is amazing. I have thought about this myself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)