Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Heart FAILURE moment.........

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

Happens...when...you have...that terrifying moment when your child does not get off the bus.............makes one's heart stop. I signed Hannah up for tutoring at school, only no one told me it started TODAY. So when she didn't get off the bus.....I am proud..I remained calm and called the school.....they called her to the office as they didn't know in the office either...Hannah gets on the phone.......Hi Mommy.....oh I have tutoring today..LOL.

I prayed dear Jesus and dialed.........I let them know at the school that NO ONE told me it started today. 
They were appropriately apologetic!

Just a communications mix up but man, made my heart race for a bit there...scary!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
So scary - glad she was safe!!!
Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too and glad I didn't flip out and not use my head.  LOL.  Thanks.

reava
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Im glad she is safe. I don't know if I would have been so calm. I usually flip out then feel like an idiot later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4kidsmommy
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohhh wow. Yeah been there done that. Scary, very scary! Glad you took the right steps!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Thanks and I made sure to talk to the teacher doing the tutoring, so we are clear on what days she will do tutoring and what days she does not. She will be doing math tutoring two days a week. Her teacher says she knows how to do it, but isn't confident in math. She has the ability but needs a bit of help and support with math.  

sjump25
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

My son took a little longer to get off the bus than usual the other day.  The neighbor boy got off and about 20 seconds went by and still no Caleb.. my heart started racing, then he gets off.  Phew!  I can only imagine how I would have felt if he hadn't gotten off!  Scary!

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Scary!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM

very scary.  good for keeping calm, glad she was safe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)