Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My restless leg syndrome ...........

Posted by   + Show Post

is severe tonight. If I have many more nights like tonight I am going to ask a doctor for help.  Uggh.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Replies (11-15):
kimsardo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

Thanks y'all.  Well at least I know it isn't cause I am pregnant...no womb...lol lol lol. Seriously though it could be hormonal as I think I am in premenopause.  It was so bad last night it was painful.  It isn't usually as bad as last night.  I have had it since I was a child.  Only then they said "it's growing pains". Now I know it wasn't.  In any case, they finally eased off and I got sleep.  

I've had it since childhood to. Yes, they didn't know what it was then.

I've been taking Requip for it for several years now. It is prescribed 3times a day but I only take it when I need it. Always at night and sometimes during the day. It works great. Gets rid of that 'I want to chop my legs off' feeling.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Does it make you tired or groggy?? What are the side effects? Do they continue or does your body adjust to the meds?

Quoting kimsardo:

Quoting Thelmama:

Thanks y'all.  Well at least I know it isn't cause I am pregnant...no womb...lol lol lol. Seriously though it could be hormonal as I think I am in premenopause.  It was so bad last night it was painful.  It isn't usually as bad as last night.  I have had it since I was a child.  Only then they said "it's growing pains". Now I know it wasn't.  In any case, they finally eased off and I got sleep.  

I've been taking Requip for it for several years now. It is prescribed 3times a day but I only take it when I need it. Always at night and sometimes during the day. It works great. Gets rid of that 'I want to chop my legs off' feeling.

kimsardo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

Does it make you tired or groggy?? What are the side effects? Do they continue or does your body adjust to the meds?

Quoting kimsardo:

Quoting Thelmama:

I get no side effects whatsover other than relief! It says may cause drowsiness, I take .05 mg, it's a very low dose and doesn't make me tired at all.

kimsardo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

Yeah, I have not been officially diagnosed but both my twin sister and my mother have. It is herediatary and I have the same symptoms. Hugs to you.

Quoting jeepninja:

I believe I have restless leg syndrome.  I have not been diagnosed but I feel your frustration!

I haven't learned that it was hereditary. I'm going to look into that.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I read that somewhere, but can't remember where now.

Quoting kimsardo:

Quoting Thelmama:

Yeah, I have not been officially diagnosed but both my twin sister and my mother have. It is herediatary and I have the same symptoms. Hugs to you.

Quoting jeepninja:

I believe I have restless leg syndrome.  I have not been diagnosed but I feel your frustration!

I haven't learned that it was hereditary. I'm going to look into that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN