Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

almost monster-in-law

Posted by   + Show Post
When my fiancée's mom found out I was pregnant she tried shoving abortion at me. Yea I was young, and he didn't have a job, but that was harsh. All through my pregnancy she made it a living hell, and did nothing to help. She even decided to hide my pregnancy from her family until I was 7 months pregnant, and her neighbor saw me. When I went into labor she didn't come to the hospital, and she didn't ask how we were. She just yelled at her son to spend a night at home. My son is almost a year old, and she wants to put photos all around her house, and get a bracelet with his birthstone on it. Is it wrong of me to not want her to?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Replies (31-36):
boobear2012
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Do u read all the posts? I said I am trying, in fact I'm going to spend thanksgiving with her and my man. I'm trying for my baby's sake.
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM
People change especially when the baby actually gets here. She could be finally coming around and how awesome that she has for your son. That is an awesome gift for your son to have his grandmother.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Quoting Jos40:

All I can say, is tolerate her for hubby's sake. My monster in law is a pain in the ass. But I find that when I make the effort to include her, she lays off the claws on hubby'. And the so called peace makes him happy.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

themomof3boys
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM
My ex monster in law #2 disowned my boys when I divorced her perfect little boy and then 2 yrs or more later she started wanting to communicate with them again. That didn't happen.
JoyfulinSD
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Maybe she finally came to terms with the fact.  What she did is wrong but holding it against her forever is wrong too. 

kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quoting boobear2012:

Thank you. And thanks everybody. I am trying to get along for the sake of my son and SO. I'm still not happy about it, but maybe sometime in the future I'll forgive and let go.

Quoting polkaspots:

My parents also pushed abortion when I got pregnant. It sucked, but now they adore my daughter. My dad has her as his phone background. It took them a while to adjust to the fact that I was having a baby at nineteen. They love her like they love me and my sister. I understand your frustration, and I know it's hard to let your mil be happy with your baby when she pushed abortion. But things change. I understand its tough to share, but if she wants these things for her own enjoyment, it shows that she really loves your son. Don't use her past against her. You wouldn't want her to.

For every minute you are unhappy you give up a minute of your happiness.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN