Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Deleting bf family from facebook and etc

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:00 AM
  • 4 Replies
Is it bad that i deleted my boyfriend of 8 years his mother and sister and his nieces and nephew from my facebook page? Since july of this year we have gotten the cold shoulder from all of them no one talks to us we dont get invited to any get together. His mom is very short answered to his msg and phone calls. They dont reply to any of my msgs or game requests that i send. I dont know if it is because in July we went to her exhusbands house for a party they have been divorced now for 3 years or so now my boyfriend has knowing him since he was like 2 years old this is his step dad was his dads bestfriend. But she wants us to shut him out of our life and not talk to him or anything seems childish to me then the other thing is that sht spent $300 on a washer and dryer for us at our new house we moved into in april and i paid her $40 so far and told her we will get it paid back well i have a two layoff no pay so i had to do unemployment then we got slow working only 40 hours or less a week and we got behind on our bills and she knows that so right now it is hard to pay that money off i am scraping up what i have for christmas shopping it is rough. But i just dont get it so i delted them all on my facebook since they dont talk to me or anything why should they see ny pics and what i say? Oh and in the process thy have had plenty of chances to see our 7 years old son we ha e gone to there house and they were invited to ours and we gt blowed off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:07 AM

It's good to delete toxic people out of your life.  well I guess toxic is not the right word. 

I had a cousin that was woe is me, boo hoo, I am in so much pain from pregnancy blah blah and I would write to her and give condolences when her fam dies and she would ignore everything but respond to everyone else, so I said screw it.

Good luck

jeepninja
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Agree - delete toxic people from FB but be polite in person.

kimsardo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I think it is a very bad idea. Why act childish? Maybe things will get better? Have you talked to them about it? If not then you don't know what's going on and you shouldn't assume. Pay them some money. You borrowed it, it's a bill. Give her a little at a time. Talk to your step dad if you want. That is her deal not yours. 

vevespears
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:59 AM

i guess time to harvest include weeding process, eliminate all the "weed" to allow you grown. however, family will always be family no matter what, and watever they are doing to your bf, i really think is their biz, cause someday they will come around and say "hey my family is first" what is done is done and that was your decision and thats ok, i have a bad relationship with my family as well, my ants and uncles (from my moms side) being not so nice to her, on my dads side they cant see anyone getting better they judge, anyway what i did was a list that says family ALL of them are there and my post are privacy custom allowing only few list to be able to see my post, the rest of the ppl they only have few things they can see, but my posts only close friends and a few coworkers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN