Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My name is adele, I'm a single mother in the Uk. I've finally sound a career I can balance with my home life. I write, it's great it fits in with looking after my daughter and uses my natural abilities. However it does mean I spend a lot of time on my own. It would be great to chat to people, to say hey my novels being published next week or what do you think of this cover.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Replies (11-17):
LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Hello and welcome!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Parents night at kindergarten and elementary schools in the US can be like that too. Patronizing...conferences too are fun when you are sitting in a teensy chair at a teensy table...
And welcome to Cafe mom!

Quoting adelecarrington:

Thank you for the welcome. I'm running through the last edit on my novel before it goes to print, which means I've had two weeks of no one company but my own. Just been to parents evening at school and been talked to like a six year old. Is this just a British thing or international?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
adelecarrington
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi

I write traditional fantasy fiction think, The Game of Thrones and Urban Fantasy, think Twilight.

The book I am having published is called Denial it's a British Vampire Story with all that goes with it, I had the inspiration when reading about a load of perfect teenagers without a wrinkle or a care and thinking I have nothing in common with these people. My skin was never flawless and boys didn't fall at my feet. Faith is in her thirties, her life isn't going anywhere and then she comes into contact with Jonathan.

I signed off on the printing yesterday so now I  just have to wait, I feel rather helpless I've done my bit and now it's in the hands of someone else. It's exciting too! But the book will be out at the end of this month.

Everything else I have written has been published under someone elses name, I have fifty shades of gray to thank for all the work as most of my contracts recently have been around errmmm ..... 

Adele

adelecarrington
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:12 AM

On the is this international - I meant are teachers unable to talk to parents like adults are is this just the way of British Teachers to talk to us as if we are a little bit thick. They sat me on a child's chair and talked at me. 

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Hello and welcome to the group! I'm Bernadette.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Welcome to The Lounge!
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)