Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

wtf

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 41 Replies
The So asked me if I had anything I wanted to do in town today and I told him I had to turn in a few applications then he got mad and said he just wanted to go to his mother's and play his video games and he really didn't want to take me anywhere today...so he left me sitting at home by myself without a vehicle so he could go sit with his drunk mother all day... he even took our son to the babysitter...how mad would u be if ur So/dh didn't want to spend his day off with u and left u in the middle ofmothernowhere 20 miles from the nearest town with no vehicle?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:34 PM

my hubby/so would leave me anywhere....I have my own car.

anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Sounds like you need to get a second car.  When we had only one car and needed to share, my husband was very understanding, but I also understood when he had his own things that he wanted to do.  It's about compromise.

offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Exactly.  He should have let her drop him off and use the car car for her errands.  Then she could have picked him up later in the evening.

Quoting anotherandree:

Sounds like you need to get a second car.  When we had only one car and needed to share, my husband was very understanding, but I also understood when he had his own things that he wanted to do.  It's about compromise.

Ians1Mommy
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I don't have my license...I have had my permit for over a year but he won't let me drive so even with another car which we can't afford on our income it wouldn't do any good...i have been trying to get my license but it's never gonna happen if he doesn't let me drive anywhere
offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you have any friends or relatives who would let you drive, so you can learn?  Save up your money and get yourself a car...don't depend on him.

Quoting Ians1Mommy:

I don't have my license...I have had my permit for over a year but he won't let me drive so even with another car which we can't afford on our income it wouldn't do any good...i have been trying to get my license but it's never gonna happen if he doesn't let me drive anywhere

Ians1Mommy
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM
We moved 2 hours away from my family and his friends don't like me...I only make 2.65 an hour and that covers my rent and barely supports my house cuz when he gets paid all he does is blow his money on video games and I'm stuck buying food and household shit so I don't lose my child
Ians1Mommy
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Unfortunately I make less than min wage and have a family to support so I don't have money laying around to blow on a car...not every family in the world is rich

Quoting anotherandree:

offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:33 PM

It's not about being rich.  You don't have to be rich, to have more than 1 car.

Quoting Ians1Mommy:

Unfortunately I make less than min wage and have a family to support so I don't have money laying around to blow on a car...not every family in the world is rich

Quoting anotherandree:

offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM

So, buy what you need for you and your child and stash the rest.  Don't spend money on him.  He can use his own money.  Before you know it, you'll have plenty of money for your own car, tags and insurance.

Quoting Ians1Mommy:

We moved 2 hours away from my family and his friends don't like me...I only make 2.65 an hour and that covers my rent and barely supports my house cuz when he gets paid all he does is blow his money on video games and I'm stuck buying food and household shit so I don't lose my child

sjump25
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Um... very mad.  I'm sorry :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN