Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

This is MESSED up

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:57 PM
  • 32 Replies

I was sitting here talking to my stepmom about the home town, I grew up in. It is about 20 miles from her house. Anyway, that had a rash of "burgularies". Not your typical ones though.  These people would read the obituaries and then while the family was at the funereal they go to the home since the obits list addresses and tell the person who has volunteered to receive guests they are family. They they go in and take food people have brought and say "so and so(name of close family relative to decease) told me to take this home because they don't want it to go to waste. OR they go in while the family is gone and no one is home and take all the food and valuables etc etc. That is messed up.

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
givenshl
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM
That is so sad.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Yes, and why would anyone want to do that?

Quoting givenshl:

That is so sad.

sjump25
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Wow. There are some despicable people out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:15 PM

some people are really low

SRUsarahSC
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:19 PM

happens all the time.  Did you hear about the concert scam?  You go to a big concert, once everyone's in, people come in and jack the cars. What's that on your windshield? Your GPS. They hit "home" and get directions right to your house. From there, they hit your garage door opener on your visor and in they go....neighbors won't notice a thing because it's your car.  They load up the car, and can take their time going through your stuff because they know how long the concert is going to last. You are none the wiser until you realize your car is gone.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM

yes low.  yes i heard abouth gps thing.  sorry for no caps. sprained my wrist lifting a box.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM

typing one handed

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

How bizarre!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM

WOW!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

happens all the time.  Did you hear about the concert scam?  You go to a big concert, once everyone's in, people come in and jack the cars. What's that on your windshield? Your GPS. They hit "home" and get directions right to your house. From there, they hit your garage door opener on your visor and in they go....neighbors won't notice a thing because it's your car.  They load up the car, and can take their time going through your stuff because they know how long the concert is going to last. You are none the wiser until you realize your car is gone.

SRUsarahSC
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I know right? My GPS "home" is set to a nearby location, not my house exactly because of this.  And we pull the GPS out of the car every time now.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

WOW!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)