Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I have been single for over 2½yrs....

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM
  • 11 Replies
....and for the last 3mos. or so, it has been weighing very heavy on me. Up until recently, I have been just fine because dealing w/men can be such a hassle at times & I wanted no parts of it. But I miss all of the attention from the opposite sex, intimacy, etc. Ugh!! I'm lonely as hell, but all I have, for now, is an fwb.
I have been child-free since Weds. and will be until tomorrow at 6p. I should be snuggled up w/a beau, not frustrated about being lonely. Its making me soft; sometimes I can't help but to cry. I don't mean to whine about it, I'm just so frustrated and I feel weak & very vulnerable. I am a very strong person, and the fact that this is weighing on me so much is driving me nuts.
I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for listening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zero.gsx
by New Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I hear ya.  I was single for 2 years.   I have a boyfriend now, but you have my full empathy.  I didn't mind being single before I had children, but I think having them makes you crave adult attention.  If you need someone to talk to I'm here. :)

Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Awww....thanks. I don't like to show weakness, so I don't talk to anyone about it.

Quoting zero.gsx:

I hear ya.  I was single for 2 years.   I have a boyfriend now, but you have my full empathy.  I didn't mind being single before I had children, but I think having them makes you crave adult attention.  If you need someone to talk to I'm here. :)

undefined

amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I am right there with you.  (((hug)))

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:07 PM

sorry

sthflachk
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, but wasn't this POIG last night? Anyway, I'm in the same boat so no advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Not last night, but this morning, I posted this in another group.

Quoting sthflachk:

Sorry, but wasn't this POIG last night? Anyway, I'm in the same boat so no advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RubyQ
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Do you have to have a 'boyfriend" ? Are you unwilling to have some special gentleman friends for fun every now and then? I'm sure there's lots of great guys that would be fun to be with yet like to live by themselves. Why not have the best of both worlds? 

nacale84
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:01 PM

mee too girl , newly single and hating it, the kids come first but I was crying myself to sleep for the first week aint it hard to put that mommy face on sometimes when u are dealing with those emotions ? I miss the security and the lonliness is awful at times, and oh yeah the sex hahaha but you will find a guy one day when ur not looking, when u are in ur happy /okay place again... me too I hope add me as a friend we will get to it together!

nacale84
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM

oops i meant get thru it together

kimsardo
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM

It will pass, I go through the same thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)