Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

two year old with a yeast infection?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 21 Replies
my daughter is super red down there and she said it hurt when she peed. i put some diaper rash cream because im not sure if it is a diaper rash or yeast infection? have yall had any experience with this? what are the symptoms??? plz need advice asap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dbm10
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:47 AM

hello there; yes, esp. when teeth are coming out;

my kids doctor says it can happen for kids to have yeast infection due to their sh... (sorry I don't know the word in english), the treatment is local (appropriate cream); hope it helps

EarlGrayHot
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Hurting when urinating sounds like a bladder infection to me which certainly could be followed by a yeast infection but consider a UTI first.

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

What's in the cream you use? Corn starch will cause a yeast infection....and is common in powders and creams for 'down there'. Also...high sugar intake. Sugar is in almost everything now.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Nov. 26, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Yes kids can get them, she needs to be seen by a doctor and be treated.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Nov. 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Quoting EireLass:

What's in the cream you use? Corn starch will cause a yeast infection....and is common in powders and creams for 'down there'. Also...high sugar intake. Sugar is in almost everything now.

Antibiotics is the main cause.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Yes - DD got a yeast infection a few months ago.  You need to take her to a doctor because they will need to prescribe something.  If it hurst when she goes to the bathroom, she may also have a UTI which will require antibiotics.  Otherwise, for the yeast infection they'll give her a prescription cream.  It is actually quite common so I would let her air out down there once a day because the diaper can actually cause it and make it worse.

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM

are you working on potty training??

msmom29
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM

my daughter would get them sometimes when on anitbotics, i always made sure she ate yogart when on them after she got one. She had one this summer, when she was at her dads for the weekend, she was in a wet bathing suit pretty much the whole weekend, i called the pharmacy, at her age i was able to buy over the counter cream and have her eat yogart and it cleared up, but when they are that young you will need to get sometihng from her doctor, and have them test her pee as well for a UTI, i have had one uti in my life due to meds i was on, and its the most painful thing ever.

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:37 PM

She's not saying that she's sick though, so why would she be on antibiotics?

She does state she's using creams, and probably powder....alot of moms do.

Quoting PurpleHazey:
Quoting EireLass:

Antibiotics is the main cause.

kkkaaayyyy
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

A&D works wonders, nystatin(Rx), Monistat (OTC), Magic Butt Cream (Rx, mixed at pharmacy - combination of zinc oxide, nystatin, and something else magical ;) ), lay off sugar - yeast thrives on it - so any juice, sugared yogurt or other sugary things (fresh fruit or jarred depending on age); limit diaper time, change diapers frequently and immediately after wet or dirty diaper. Lay off powder. No bubble baths.  If it's the big D, try some mylanta - a super thin layer - it soothes the acid and burning associated with yeast infection and diarrhea. You can also use cotton squares dipped in warm water, instead of wipes, to soothe her and make the pain less until the situation clears.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)