Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

God must have smelly breath!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 7 year old son was learning the story of Adam and Eve at church. He came home and told me this.

"Miss Clair said Adam was lonely and wanted a wife so God breathed on him and made him sleep and pulled out his rib to make Eve." Jeez! Gods breath must smell worse than Grammy's if he can make Adam pass out just by breathing on him!"

I had to leave the room, I wanted to laugh so Bad! When I calmed down I came back and explained that God's breath does not indeed smell but has magic in it that made Adam sleep.

Oh..from the mouth of babesbouncing

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Replies (11-19):
sjump25
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm agnostic, but I am not opposed to my kids going to church for that same reason.  I just wondered her thoughts :)

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I think it's great.

Kids have minds of their own. They can learn about any religion and decide for themselves if they want to follow in Mommy's footsteps or be different.

My parents didn't believe in God (they do now) but they let me go to different kinds of churches and temples. 

Quoting sjump25:

lol!  I have to say.. i'm kind of surprised your kids go to church since you consider yourself Athiest.  Can I ask why?  Just out of curiosity.. not trying to offend.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Nov. 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I love the things kids say!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM

laughing

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Omggggg....I love it!  What a cutie :)

Oh, and PS...while we were at our visit with the kids tonight, the girls wanted to know what church we were going to attend when they get home.  Our oldest two and Kaden go to a church about 8 minutes down the road.  Our youngest two go to one in the city next to us where they are now.  I was like ummm...I have no idea!  They want us to try both of them out and see which is a better fit for us, but all of them want us to end up going to their church when they come back.  That's umn...kinda impossible.  And besides...I don't really LIKE church anymore.  I did say we would go to both to see if we like either of them :/

Chelsea_rh
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM
That is hilarious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Kids are born thinking outside the box.

merryvoice
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Oh my gosh, that is SO cute!!

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Lmao Kids create better laughs than comedians !

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah, pretty much what Incognito said. I want them to be exposed to different ways of thinking. All the better when tney choose their path.

That I enjoy the small break,lol.

Quoting sjump25:

I'm agnostic, but I am not opposed to my kids going to church for that same reason.  I just wondered her thoughts :)

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I think it's great.

Kids have minds of their own. They can learn about any religion and decide for themselves if they want to follow in Mommy's footsteps or be different.

My parents didn't believe in God (they do now) but they let me go to different kinds of churches and temples. 

Quoting sjump25:

lol!  I have to say.. i'm kind of surprised your kids go to church since you consider yourself Athiest.  Can I ask why?  Just out of curiosity.. not trying to offend.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN