Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge
I have a friend who's husband works as a police officer, different shifts, so sometimes he is at home with the baby. Well she rolled over for the first time today and he texted her at work to tell her. She was so upset she missed it an is kind of depressed she isn't a stay at home mom. What are your thoughts in this should one parent keep baby's accomplishments to themselves until the other parent gets to see it too? Or should they tell when it happens??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Replies (11-18):
momoftwo0406
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Of course it should be shared. That would be no different then a mom not telling a dad something he missed. Yes it sucks but people must work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Everyone needs to make money to live off of. I would say 99% of people would rather stay home then work but that's not a reality.

Your comment is really kinda rude

Quoting WorkFromHomeMum:

This is such a sad situation. Look at what is being sacrificed because our minds have been brainwashed to believe we NEED to get a job, and sacrifice our lives and family to become slaves to the rich, and earn just enough money to get by on anyway while employers are sitting back counting their millions.  The world needs to step up and say enough is enough, live a life of total freedom from slavery and take control.  There are ways of making this happen so your friend does not have to miss out on those milestones.  The world now revolves around greed and money, and to hell with the health, welfare and lifestyle of the people.  Sorry, but parents who miss out on quality family time because of selfish greed really makes my blood boil.  Life is full of choices, she has chosen to go and work outside the home and miss all this valuable time, which she may feel is the right choice to make, and I don't blame her for that, a lot of people feel that is the only way out in order to survive financially, however, it is not fair and those living a life mediocrity need to step up, make a choice and change.  So glad I was never put in that position of missing milestones, it would have broken my heart as it is something you will never get back again.  Maybe hubby could take video footage and she could watch it when she gets home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM
I think they should be shared. I understand where she's coming from through. I'm fortunate enough to be a sahm..I'd hate to miss out on all the little things though..
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Quoting bigmama423:

I think they should be shared. I understand where she's coming from through. I'm fortunate enough to be a sahm..I'd hate to miss out on all the little things though..

Working moms don't miss out on "all little things" though - and a SAHM can easily miss a pivotal moment while in the shower, at a doctor appt, etc...

:)
momof1ngod
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Usually one parent will tell their significant other about the excitement with their child during the day , right?
MCA23
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM

How come that big long comment from WorkFromHomeMum is gone, yet I can see people that have quoted it in order to reply?  Could be be that she wisened up and removed it somehow?  Thank you, ladies- who did reply to her... that comment was total BS. 

If I chose to stay home, our bills wouldn't be covered.  We'd be in a position of hardship.  I don't work because I'm greedy and I'm putting money before my kids.  I work so they can have everything they need.  Everything I do is for my family.  How dare she suggest otherwise.  I'd like to invite her to come say those words of wisdom to my face.  Let's go.

lskay00
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Awww, that's a bummer that she missed it.  I'm in the same boat, we both work and DS rolled over at the sitter's house.  She told me.  Yep, I was bummed, but now we just keep waiting to see it:)  But I saw his first tooth before she did!  LOL  See, us working moms still get to experience some things toofingers crossed

jgates1111
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I'm a sahm and i recorded it when y son rolled over, starting cooing, DH and a museum worker were the first to see him walk, I took pictures of his first baby food feeding and DH loves to get the pictures at work, he says it makes him feel like he's not missing anything important while he's at work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)