Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Science Fair Time Again

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM
  • 14 Replies
Ds1 has his science fair topic due tomorrow.

I was curious who else will be working on a science fair project over winter break!
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think the girls are doing any science fair projects this year.  Good luck to him! :)

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM

here's something I found.  maybe you could get ideas from here.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas.shtml

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Very cool!  Kody isn't doing one yet, but I am sure it is coming.

bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Awesome!! I used to love the science fair when I was younger. My kids haven't done any yet. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM

My oldest in only in Kindergarten so not yet!  Good luck!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Quoting sjump25:

My oldest in only in Kindergarten so not yet!  Good luck!

Our school starts in 1st grade - so enjoy this year - it is probably coming soon!!!!!
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Ds1 did one last year as well. Last year we used Legos to measure the effects of earthquakes in different sized buildings.

This year we are looking at how increased friction effects static electricity.

I try to work with him and pick topics of interest!

Legos are always popular with him and I figured we might as well start exploring electricity with the Snap Circuits request he made from Santa.
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh! Science Fair time is the 2 - 3 months (depending on when its assigned and due) when my son and I butt heads. I feel like I am constantly nagging him the entire time. It should be being assigned any time now and we will begin discussing topics this weekend so he can get a head start and not be rushing at the last minute.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Quoting 1lv2stks3nlz4ev:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh! Science Fair time is the 2 - 3 months (depending on when its assigned and due) when my son and I butt heads. I feel like I am constantly nagging him the entire time. It should be being assigned any time now and we will begin discussing topics this weekend so he can get a head start and not be rushing at the last minute.

Ugh - no fun at all!!!!

Our is not so drawn out and they have "due dates" throughout for each part, so thankfully it is not that bad for us!

My son also doesn't seem to mind doing it - crossing my fingers that is still true!!
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Ours has due dates for different parts along the way as well. Each year he has done it has been a test of patience for me. Thanks to the website someone else posted we have picked his topic already (Archemedes Screw Pump - He did a project on Archemedes for math earlier this year and was excited to see this there) and it is written down and going to be submitted for pre approval tomorrow! YAAAY!

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Ugh - no fun at all!!!!

Our is not so drawn out and they have "due dates" throughout for each part, so thankfully it is not that bad for us!

My son also doesn't seem to mind doing it - crossing my fingers that is still true!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN