Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If you won the 500 million dollar power ball...........

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM
  • 64 Replies
2 moms liked this

What would you do?

We would pay off all our medical and school debt (the only debt we have).

Get much needed upgrades in our vehicles (we owe nothing on our cars).

Actually BUY a house instead of rent and basically invest and live like we do now.

We'd help out some friends and family. Unknown to them, adopt a family or two to bestow some money on they did not know where came from.

Give to our church and favorite charities.

I would want a real bed room set instead of the mismatch stuff we have now but really would not go hog wild with the money.

Wish someone like us could win, who really, really needs it.

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punchnpie
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
All of thee above and add buy a new home and sound proof it from the storms..lol purchase the biggest t.v. imaginable..lol
spicy_n_sweet
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Buy investment properties.  With that amount after taxes, possibly two, if not three (if one is  small). I would prefer buying properties that have retail space to lease on the bottom floor and multi unit housing on the upper floors.

Borne_Wonky
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

We got a ticket as well, we'd pay off our house (we've been here since June '10. Pay off our cat's medical bills, and our van. Help out friends/family. Start a Secret Santa thing where people can write in letters for families that need help. Give money to our favorite charities. Help the church across the street get a new playground set and talk to them about doing a charity garden (they have more than enough room).

sjump25
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

We would build our dream house, buy new vehicles for both of us, pay off the little bit of student loan debt we have left, build my mom a house, give to a couple of charities and put the rest back.  Well.. after a nice clothing shopping spree anyway ;) 

jmp1279
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Pay off medical bills, pay off both cars, pay FIL back for fixing our car, pay off house, pay off credit cards, fix the truck, pay my mom back, maybe give some to family,
maybe get a winter house in South Dakota
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandy575
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You sound like us!!! I would love to be debt free!!

justinnaimee
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
In addition to all of those things i would pay off my moms medical bills, build my parents a handicap accessible house, buy my in laws a house and invest the shit out of the rest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd do the same. My car is far from reliable so it would be nice to have a good running car. Pay off our debt. We'd have a house built so everyone could have their own bedroom, a house big enough for our big family. Help some others out and invest and save the rest...lots of kids we have to send off to college! :)
Looks like I need to play the lotto. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomofSCMJJA
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I WOULD go hog wild.  All those times when I have seen someone fundrasiing for a worthy cause and I could not even buy a single raffle ticket, or when I heard a great speaker at church and couldn't add anything to the offering plate or read about someome who is doing something inspirational and I couldn't be a part of it!  I would give most of it away, probably wihtin the first couple of years.  Other than that, we would buy a house and new cars, set the kids up with college funds and house funds for each of them and take the trip to Europe that I have dreamed of since I was a kid.  And since I own exactly one pair of jeans, I would go clothes shopping and buy what I need for the first time in years.  Usually I can only buy some of what the kids need, not all of what anyone needs.  It would be nice for a change to actually be able to get something for me-maybe have a massage or a mani-pedi (I've never had a pedicure before!)

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I would buy this house.  I think I could get it for 20 million.  LOL

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/210-N-Kalaheo-Ave-Kailua-HI-96734/2146090414_zpid/

Give each of my siblings five million to do with as they wish. 

I would pay off our current home and give it to a needy family.  We would give away all of our cars to people in need as well. 

Set up college funds for my kids, nieces and nephews.

Start a scholarship that helps children of convicted felons.

Invest the rest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN