Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If you won the 500 million dollar power ball...........

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you do?

We would pay off all our medical and school debt (the only debt we have).

Get much needed upgrades in our vehicles (we owe nothing on our cars).

Actually BUY a house instead of rent and basically invest and live like we do now.

We'd help out some friends and family. Unknown to them, adopt a family or two to bestow some money on they did not know where came from.

Give to our church and favorite charities.

I would want a real bed room set instead of the mismatch stuff we have now but really would not go hog wild with the money.

Wish someone like us could win, who really, really needs it.

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
3mommy2004
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

1.  Pay off our house, cars and all debt

2.  Pay off some of our parent's debt too.

3.  Give to our church, we are raising money for a multi-purpose building and money is getting hard to come by.

4.  College accounts for all of our kids.

5.  Donate to area charities that need the money

6.  Go on a nice vacation with our family, and another adults only vacation with friends.

7.  Save, Save, Save! 

DarksMama
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Pay off all bills/debt. Set up college funds. House (nothing extravagant, just something nice...I'm not that kind of fancy). Complete restoration on our Jeep, and a couple of dream cars ('66 mustang being mine. LOL). And once all that was settled...can we say CHARITABLE DONATIONS baby! Wounded Warriors would shit bricks when they saw the size of the check they'd be getting.

19andmomtobe
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this

we would pay off my dh car. he would quit his job and go back to college. i would quit college and have another baby. we'd give the majority to charity and probably help some family members. id buy my 2 story white w/ navy blue shutters tire swing in the yard lots of land dream house lol. and then id spend the rest of my life raising lots of babies and being happy ever after :)

mybabybugssmile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Winter house in South Dakota?  What for LOL

Quoting jmp1279:

Pay off medical bills, pay off both cars, pay FIL back for fixing our car, pay off house, pay off credit cards, fix the truck, pay my mom back, maybe give some to family,
maybe get a winter house in South Dakota

Thewife06
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

If I got the full 500 Million?  Oh hell, I'd buy a hotel & it would be a homelss shelter type of thing.  That way they can at least have a bed at night, shower, and have a place to have their mail sent while they get on their feet. 

Then I'd pay off what little debt we have & build my dream house.  My hubby would get his dream farm.  :)

gypsy_rose
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

pay off medical bills, pay off school loan, pay off house, pay off car, get a contractor to do the work on the house like all Sheetrock, all painting, i would donate some of it to research for nerofibromatosis and tuberous sclerosis and then split it up between family and friends who could use the extra cash.

Angelanscalf89
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont even buy lotto tickets but Ill play along.. If I wont 500,000,000 the first thing i would do is pay all my grandmas credit cards off. Then Id pay off mine and dfs debts (i have $3000 credit card debt plus whatever hospital bills we have and he has 40,000 in school loans). Then Id buy a house and 3 cars. One for me one for df and one for my mom (hers would have to be a van). Id also buy my mom a house. Id buy a restaraunt as this has always been my dream. Id take my family to disney world. I'd give to charitys. Probably buy my in laws a house in tennessee because thats where they want to move. Id put my daughter in ballet because she recently decided she wants to be a ballet dancer (shes so into dancing) put my son in baseball and eventually hockey. Buy my brother in law a car so hed stop asking us for rides lol. Pay for my sister and brother (22 & 20) to get a liscense so they will stop asking for rides (id get them cars but theyd be cheap as neither one appreciates what they have) and so much more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lukesmommy1114
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Let's see we would pay off all our bills we have. Id also donate some money to c.s motts university of Michigan hospital ( they saved my baby brothers life so I have to give back) I'd also donate to make a wish. We would buy our dream home :) and put the rest in to a money market account and just let it grow and have it to put our kids through collage :)
Sweetness88
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do basically what you said. We too would invest and buy investment properties. We would upgrade our cars as well and pay for our home. We would give to our church and some charities. We have some medical bills and student loans as well. We would bless some families(this would be super amazing around the holiday season). Bless some family members and start my own charity. I always wanted to have a charity to help single mothers and battered women. And of course put a good amount into the kids accounts and college funds.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Tithe, get my teeth fixed, by houses for my whole family, travel and give a lot away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN