Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If you won the 500 million dollar power ball...........

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you do?

We would pay off all our medical and school debt (the only debt we have).

Get much needed upgrades in our vehicles (we owe nothing on our cars).

Actually BUY a house instead of rent and basically invest and live like we do now.

We'd help out some friends and family. Unknown to them, adopt a family or two to bestow some money on they did not know where came from.

Give to our church and favorite charities.

I would want a real bed room set instead of the mismatch stuff we have now but really would not go hog wild with the money.

Wish someone like us could win, who really, really needs it.

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I think I'd have dental work too. We have not had dental insurance and I need dental work, and I wish I could afford it, but even with the insurance we just got for dental we can't afford a dentist and we don't qualify for anything that could help with dental assistance.  

marie802
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would buy a house on land so I could work my horse more and spend time with her (don't get much time since I board her and have a son now), I would buy a new truck since my two door car is a pain for getting my son in and out of, pay off medical bills, go clothes shopping, give a lot of it to my mom to help her out financially and for medical bills, help out my sisters, give to charities such as the ASPCA and donate to lots of other animal charities, shelters, etc.and a lot more stuff..

mamarj
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
We would buy a brand new (but not huge) house in the small town all our family is from and then I would give my current home to a needy family (furniture, dishes and all!). After having the fun of buying all new furniture, appliances, home essentials and decorating the house how I have always dreamed then we would sit down with a lawyer and decide how to divide it amongst our family. I would give some to the church and school of course. Then my husband wants to travel around the world. While we travel I want to teach my children about giving and if we come across something that touches our heart we will do what we can. I've always dreamed about going to some small town restaurant that's open on Christmas and leave a huge amount of money for the waitress that is there serving us, or randomly pick up other people's check. Then I would invest the money somehow so that our children and our grandchildren will be able to live comfortably and hopefully follow our example.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzysummers01
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

i would be happy to win 5,000 so i could get a car and  buy my baby the things he needs and some toys

nicole2884
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

pay off student loans credit cards

put 10 g's in savings 

take a vacation to Rome

put the rest in saving account for kids college

KRIZZ25
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
give half to my mom..she is in icu wth brain aneurysm ..my half pay bills have grate cmas..as of wright no w i cant do cmas.
Pollymom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

All the normal stuff...paying bills, mortgage, helping family...etc. I would buy a little house by the beach in Hawaii. I want a hammock in the backyard right on the beach. Then my family and I would be world traveling fools! LOL

la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Invest!

Among other things...lol

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Pay off our debt
Buy the home we love
Buy another car
Take care of my grandparents
Pay my sisters college off
Invest for kids college
Save the rest.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peachesforme
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

First, pay off $12,000 in student loans. Then get a new house. I don't need a mansion, just something comfortable, clean, and nice.  I'd pay off our truck, and take a vacation to first Alaska, then Bora Bora.  After that, I'd give to a worthy cause, probably help out some family, and save/invest the rest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)