Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If you won the 500 million dollar power ball...........

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you do?

We would pay off all our medical and school debt (the only debt we have).

Get much needed upgrades in our vehicles (we owe nothing on our cars).

Actually BUY a house instead of rent and basically invest and live like we do now.

We'd help out some friends and family. Unknown to them, adopt a family or two to bestow some money on they did not know where came from.

Give to our church and favorite charities.

I would want a real bed room set instead of the mismatch stuff we have now but really would not go hog wild with the money.

Wish someone like us could win, who really, really needs it.

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
littleangie
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Pay off any debts.  Start crossing off items on my bucket list.  One would be travel to all fifty states and share that adventure with the ones that I love. 

Salsacookies
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Pay off my student loans.

Buy SO a better car and get mine tuned up and the suspension oiled.

Buy a house

Put a good amount in savings accounts for college for our 3 kids

Donate some to a charity or 2

Splurge a little bit and get everybody some new clothes and probably take a small vacation somewhere.

Take everybody to Illinois to see my dad before his emphysema gets the best of him.

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

*Pay off all debt

*Education savings for all our kids, grandson, neices and nephews and a few friends kids.

*Buy a house

*Buy a brand new car

*Buy houses or pay off mortages for family

*Buy my DF's ex wife a house and a decent car. Pay off the child support until DSD is 18 plus maybe a little extra.

***FINALLY GET MARRIED!!!*** Honeymoon and then extended family vacation in Europe.

*Open a Non Food Bank (toiletries, cleaning supplies, TP, pet supplies)*

*Send money to the Red Cross, Cancer Society and our church.

Invest whatever is left.

pampire
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy us a house or three.

Hook my friends up with stuff they need.

Pay off my mom's house and give her a lump sum.

New cars for us and our friends that need them.

Set up education accounts for the kids in our life.

Buy an RV and travel.

Invest/save the rest.

jean87
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
If I won. I would continue with my plan. Which is buying the home that I still want which isn't too much out of our means but has a big back yard for my two precious boys who have autism. Also pay for their much needed ABA therapies. Purchase things that my mother needs to help her enjoy her time since she just recently has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Also give a little money to my father who has helped us when we were in need. Put the rest of our car payment money in an acct so the bank can withdraw it themselves but I still continue to earn credit. And pay off my stupid medical bills. And put a big chunk in savings to it can collect interest and just be happy and enjoy family time. Money can always be made but family can never be replaced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Buy an island and move there. Not even joking. lol

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Hire a cleaning lady full time, pay off my house, my parents house, my neighbors house (they have been parents to me) give to my church, buy a few cars for self and hubby and maybe my parents if they wanted. Buy a house in Lake Tahoe and probably move there. Fill up my pantry. 

elizabooks
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Pay off our debt (house loan, school loans and home improvement loans). Put a set amount to cover 4 year college fees aside for the kids. Give a smaller set amount for the 14 neices & nephews college acounts. Fix the house, fix the cars, pay all of the bills for my mom & MIL, thus giving them a blank slate to be able to not worry about dwindling savings..., offer to pay off one bill of thier choosing for my brothers and my SILs. That shouldn't be more than 2 million. 

Buy 150 acres of natural land and build our dream house. Donate 5,000 a week for  10 years to two animal rescue centers from an interest earning account-- all donations are, of course, dependent on certain requirements being met in reguards to dispersal of monies. 

Start a scholarship or two. 

Go really crazy buying books in every used bookstore I can visit.  

jmp1279
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Pheasent hunting for DH

Quoting mybabybugssmile:

Winter house in South Dakota?  What for LOL

Quoting jmp1279:

Pay off medical bills, pay off both cars, pay FIL back for fixing our car, pay off house, pay off credit cards, fix the truck, pay my mom back, maybe give some to family,
maybe get a winter house in South Dakota

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cake328
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Good things comes to those who wait." Bring all ur tithes to the store house. That's my first stop Church and after that where he leadth me i will follow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)