Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If you won the 500 million dollar power ball...........

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you do?

We would pay off all our medical and school debt (the only debt we have).

Get much needed upgrades in our vehicles (we owe nothing on our cars).

Actually BUY a house instead of rent and basically invest and live like we do now.

We'd help out some friends and family. Unknown to them, adopt a family or two to bestow some money on they did not know where came from.

Give to our church and favorite charities.

I would want a real bed room set instead of the mismatch stuff we have now but really would not go hog wild with the money.

Wish someone like us could win, who really, really needs it.

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
kblossom20
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd buy a house, a new car, and set up a trust fund for my soon to be son. A new car for my DF. Have the wedding of my dreams. Vacation around the world. Set my family up with money so they'd be set for life. Adopt a couple children. Pay off my debts. Buy DF's mother her own home. Give to multiple charities and start one of my own. That's all I can think of for now. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

cherokeegoddess
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM
2 moms liked this

i would buy a house pay off debt. pay off house, buy a new car donate to children's charities. start my own daycare.

mistync
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Id pay off all of my families bills and buy reasonable sized houses for myself and my immediate family. Then id buy reasonable vehicles for myself and my immediate family. Id buy a few rental properties and rent them to lower income families for cheap with the option to buy. Id pay off christmas lay aways and buy random families groceries. idk id love to have the ability to help others.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this

If I won $500 million I would track down all the folks who helped me with what they could when I was homeless and repay them , set my mother up with a retirement account and her own place, set up a trust fund for my son payable upon is 30th birthday, fund my wildest dream of opening a school that well educate all regardless of ability to pay or special needs as well as adults in Ghana ,West Africa, of course pay off all my debt, by a new car. Lastly by out the cleaning company that myself a several others busted our asses at for 5 yrs effectivly fireing  our old boss.( this man cost at least 30 people there jobs). Mean I know but he have more than enough to start over with.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM

So sweet. I am praying for her. Hugs and prayers to  you all.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

give half to my mom..she is in icu wth brain aneurysm ..my half pay bills have grate cmas..as of wright no w i cant do cmas.

.Funfetti.
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

1-Settle all debts.
2-Buy a house for family, my mother, my mother in law, and my grandparents. 

3-Put my kids in private school.
4-Go on an amazing vacation, anywhere.
5-Start a dog rescue organization.  
6-Renew my vows with my husband, on a mountain top.  

JOEJULA
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

GIve back to the community and start organization in 3rd world countries for the people with disabilities....It can only get better from there..For myself buy a house and put money away for college for my kids

JOEJULA
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Also I love how everyone on here wants to give back. It just goes to show how much good is left in this world!

thefiregoddess
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt even worry about debt.. hahaha. Whats it gonna do RUIN my credit?!

Ok no I would pay off my debts, put aside a trust, get my kiddo back (that would be FIRST), buy a new (to me) car, buy a house and buy out the apartment complex i live in and either burn it to the ground or hire new people and run it RIGHT.

mybabybugssmile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Where at? East or west river?

Quoting jmp1279:

Pheasent hunting for DH

Quoting mybabybugssmile:

Winter house in South Dakota?  What for LOL

Quoting jmp1279:

Pay off medical bills, pay off both cars, pay FIL back for fixing our car, pay off house, pay off credit cards, fix the truck, pay my mom back, maybe give some to family,
maybe get a winter house in South Dakota

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN