Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

my fiance misses his family. long story short they called DCS with false accusations.

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

He hasn't spoke to them since.. Lately he's been missing them to the point of tears and nothing I can say helps! I hate his sister with a passion she started with me the day I started dating her brother.. the other sister and the brother aren't so bad, but his mom is right along with the evil sister and is also 2faced to me.  I keep telling him to patch things up with them if it would make him feel better but he refuses by saying blood isnt family, family is accepted and they betrayed me.. They called DCS because they dont like me.. His mother even told him if he didn't leave me she would call! Even after they've done all this to me i think he should give them a chance especially because its hurting him alot lately..

I think what brought this on is we've been engaged for a while but yesterday decided that tomorrow we would go get our marriage license. I was asling him since we were going to have a small courthouse wedding if we were going to invite his dad and my parents and sister. I know he wants them to be there.. idk what else I can do?

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to hear about your situation...hope you guys get things resolved for him.

I do not get along with any of my husband's family. They are awful, two faced, f***ed up people. Sad, but true. They do not like me, never have so I've been at war with them for 8 years now. not to mention they do not care for our kids, their grandkids!!!

We got married in the courthouse too, we eloped...no one knew except a few people.

bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Forgot to mention, his younger sister had DCS and detectives sent to my house over her own child's neglect...

I watched her kid for awhile, and something happened to her leg, she said I did it I guess.

So I know all about sucky in laws, and the issues they bring along. :/

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I have inlaw issues also for similar reasons - false cps allegations and more but I won't get into it. I have told hubby he can see them but me and our children will not!! He chooses not to but his mom has been a POS her entire life!!! They were raised partially in the system

bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I do the same thing.

When they come to town I take the kids and roll out!

Unfortunately for me though, hubby is blind to the fact of how screwed up they are. His father taught them, blood is thicker than water, and that's all he sticks by.

He has toxic parents, unfortunately it's affected him and his siblings.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

I have inlaw issues also for similar reasons - false cps allegations and more but I won't get into it. I have told hubby he can see them but me and our children will not!! He chooses not to but his mom has been a POS her entire life!!! They were raised partially in the system

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I hope you and I are doing better with these kids!!! I hate when I see my hubs toxic behaviors and yes, they are there!! His Dad left his mom when she was pregnant with the last and never looked back!!!!

Quoting bigmama423:

I do the same thing.

When they come to town I take the kids and roll out!

Unfortunately for me though, hubby is blind to the fact of how screwed up they are. His father taught them, blood is thicker than water, and that's all he sticks by.

He has toxic parents, unfortunately it's affected him and his siblings.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Rachelxbby
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:26 PM

his dad is a wonderful person but his mother and siblings are terrible for the most part. I would be willing to let the kids see the mother and the 2 youngest of his siblings, but not the sister who has made me wanna commit murder for the last 3 years! but at the same time the mother put a picture on facebook today of what was supposedly my daughters back after my fiance "hit" her..... the mother and that sister ugh! but then  you know the other 2 siblings stick their noses in and everyones fighting! Even if he does make his peace with his family his sister will not be coming to our little wedding because if she does IM NOT!

Wendyjogh
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:46 PM

"DCS"  Department of Children Services, right?  If so then, apparently your future in laws called the department and reported their son/brother - claiming he'd somehow mistreated his dependent children?  And now your fiance is missing either his children or the family that called social services and made the false claims? Yet you two brave souls with the world against you are still planning to get married.

Why are the future in-laws so opposed to your union?  Not that it's my business, and the two of you are the only two that need to know the answer before over coming it and deciding it will not ever prevent you from being together as one till the day you die.  Just know that by doing this "ultimatum" of a shot-gun wedding by racing to the courthouse and having a judge marry you in your everyday clothes --- they win.  Don't let that happen, Rachel.  Don't let the future in-laws hate and anger rule your and your fiance's marriage and life together.

Set a future date for you wedding.  Maybe February 14th, Maybe the 4th of July.  Plan a guest list and buy invitations.  Do invite his family.  Ask your family to help with the dinner menu.  Have the wedding at local church, at a park, at the Elks Club, or your home or a family members home.  Ask his family to also help with the dinner menu - involve them.  If they refuse, at least both of you know you asked and wanted their participation.  You can buy, rent or borrow a wedding dress.  Maybe you'll want to wear a different dress - it's up to you and your groom what each of you wear.  It's your wedding, don't let the hate of his family ever rule your lives together; not now or ever.  Bless, bless.

littleleesmom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I make it very simple with DH he can see his father and sister but the children and I will not see them. However Dh's father flat out told me that his stuff (this was an argument over a cabinet door my autistic child slammed repeatedly because he was stressed) was more important than me and my son. I was raised that people are what is important and I intend to teach it to my children I do not need his poision in my children's life.

cherylam
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I had in-laws like that... my youngest is 35 and I still don't trust them... now they've switched and tell my kids stories about what a horrible mother I was ( and am).

amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I think all you can do is just support his decisions about his family, whatever they are, without talking negatively about any of the members of his family since he does love them.  (((hug))) and congrats on getting your license!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)