Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do babies understand when you and the father of your child argue?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
My boyfriend (baby daddy) and I argue constantlyabout any and everything,anywho ...he feels that our 8mth old does not understand what's going on but I feel like she does....How do y'all feel?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mehganh
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think the 8 mo old knows what is going on. But can feel the tension. They pick up on that stuff a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I agree

Quoting Mehganh:

I don't think the 8 mo old knows what is going on. But can feel the tension. They pick up on that stuff a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Babies can feel stress and tension. the more you fight the more irritable and cranky the baby gets. actually babies pick up all emotions and tend to mirror them. So although she may not understand whats going on and why your fighting she WILL know that something is going on and pick up the negative energy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mehganh:

I agree with you

emmajo322
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:03 PM
So another part of my question would be what would you do... stay or leave?
Mehganh
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Depends on what you're fighting about.. Stupid little things. Everything. Big life decisions. Does the fighting get out of control? Why happens after you fight? Do you apologize? Or ignore each other. What is going on..?

Quoting emmajo322:

So another part of my question would be what would you do... stay or leave?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmajo322
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
The fighting is mainly around his drinking .....we have no money to have a date night once a month date but he has the money to buy beer or go to a bar . He's kicked us out cuz he says he deserve it and doesn't think i work as hard at my job cuz i don't make as much money . He's never hit me and we never say sorry cuz he feels like he is right and i feel like i am right .
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM

That doesn't sound like a good situation to be in.  Seems to be more toxic and tension filled than anything.  The longer you stay in a relationship like that, the older your baby gets and the more she will understand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)