Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

being judged at the GYNO !

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  • 39 Replies

do any of y'all women have a problem being judged at the GYNO about being to young to try to get pregnant ?

my GYN is great , but everytime i mention anything about pregnancy she says i'm too young & need to get on birth control . 

i am 24 , 25 in march . i know i'm young , but we are finacially able and stable to have a child .

i respect her personal beliefs but it's not about her , she's not the patient .

should i get a new GYNO ? i just want someone to work with me so i can do all the right things so i can conceive .

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

If you are straight and honest with her, and tell her it is your choice, and she still says the same. Then yes, you should find a new doc. :)

ColorMeCrazy
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

She's going to be difficult to deal with if she's that outspoken about how she thinks you should be living. I'd get a new gyno, one that will help you and respect your wishes instead of judging.

mamalusbear
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I'd get a new gyno, you're 24 not 14 and you have a right to make your own decisions.....it's not her place to offer advice like that.

georgiapeachh
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM

thanks girls . i have an appointment tomorrow for a yearly checkup , so i will get it across that this is what i want and if she isn't going to work with me and help me , i'm getting a new doctor . it will be her loss $$$ & rep . !!!!

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Yup, new doctor. One who you are in agreement with concerning your choices and your health.

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM

No and if the GYNO was like that I would find a new one!

bakerytreatz16
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I had a nurse That judged me. I was 15 when I got pregnant.
I Didn't look my age, she thought I was older; then when she read my paper work she looked at me and rolled her eyes. She was always rude after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I would I thought you were going to be 16 or something trying to get pregnant LOL 24 your in your prime

georgiapeachh
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I know right !! People these days.. Seriously . So judgmental it drives me crazy
sjump25
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I agree

Quoting bigmama423:

If you are straight and honest with her, and tell her it is your choice, and she still says the same. Then yes, you should find a new doc. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)