Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

**Question of the Day--12/3**

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
Are there any causes that you strongly believe in? Do you donate your time, money or anything else to those causes?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I volunteer with the Down syndrome Association. I believe in advocating for children/people who can't advocate for themselves and and inclusive world.

I donate to different cancer organizations 

I've done a lot of work with the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. They do great work. I support and walk with them at their fundraiser every year and have held positions in support group meeting.

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM

What about you?

sugarfox72
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM
The only place I have time to volunteer is my daughters school... Her education is the most important thing to me at the moment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Quoting sugarfox72:

The only place I have time to volunteer is my daughters school... Her education is the most important thing to me at the moment.

The greatest place of all you volunteer is your childs shchool.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I don't have the time or the money to support them, but I'd love to get involved with the Spina Bifida Association of America and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  My parents, particularly my mom, volunteered for the SBAA for quite a while after they found out they were going to have a child with SB (I have a more severe form, and my younger brother has a lesser form).  Also, my grandma died of leukemia a couple years ago, and my uncle recently died of lymphoma.  I always hated cancer, but when it took two of the strongest, most wonderful people I knew, it truly enraged me.  I'd love to fuel that energy into fighting it in some way.

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:16 AM

There are a lot of causes I feel strongly for. Nothing I really do about it though. If I was able to do more, I would. :)

kimmyrea
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I work for a company that helps where ever we can with a special charity called Manna House. It serves food to the less fortunate, homeless, just down on their luck people. We supply clothing, toiletries and now we are in Christmas gift mode for over 300 children. With the donations that our company have been given, we have been able to buy over $600 worth of toys so far. It is such a great feeling to be able to help where I can to give just a little.

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Autism Speaks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN