Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

So frusturated with everything!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 9 Replies

I graduated with my Bachelors in Health Care Administration Management a little over a month ago. I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years. I used to love it. Then i started school in 2007. Got my associates in 2009, went back to school in 2010 and graduated.

The first couple of weeks were fine i was so happy that I had finally done it. But now I am going crazy and am just getting so frusturated. I have applied for job after job, even applying at McDonalds :( Absolutly nothing! I knew I wasn't going to get into a management position right away but figured I would at least be able to get in as a schedular or receptionists, but nope!

I am getting so depressed and lazy, most days I don't even get dressed. My house has become such a pigsty because I don't want to or even have the energy to clean it. As well as I am sick and tired of picking up after everyone else every single day.

Even hobbies I used to enjoy doing such as baking and cross stitch don't give me much pleasure. I am at a loss of what to do and how to dig myself out of this rut.

Does anyone have any ideas?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Starryeyez_01
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Have you looked on craigslist? Are you willing to move to a new area for the job you want? It might be fun and exciting to move and be the pick-me-up that you need?
saraewhite
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM

My husband would never relocate. His job is here in town and I would never want to leave the school district my kids are in. It is such a fantastic school and is in the top 100 in the nation. I have looked on every search engine and every hospital website  within an hour drive from where we live. I am also working with Manpower.

Quoting Starryeyez_01:

Have you looked on craigslist? Are you willing to move to a new area for the job you want? It might be fun and exciting to move and be the pick-me-up that you need?

figlet440
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM

One idea that helped me when I wanted to make a career transition was reaching out to others in my field. I identified people in the new field and sent them my resume. I also sent a letter telling them that I wanted to transition to a different field, and I wanted to see if I could speak to them about their experiences. I wasn't asking for a job.

In the letter, I said I would call them in the next week to set up a time to speak to them on the phone for about 15 minutes. Almost everyone responded well--they invited me in to their office, told me their story, gave me lists of names of other people to call. I ended by asking them what advice they had for me.  I did end up getting a job this way--one of the people I was told to call was in desperate need of help. 

Sending the letter ahead of time helped, because it wasn't a completely cold call, and it gave them time to think about how to answer me. sure, there were a couple of people it didn't work out with, but overall, a very positive experience. 

honeydewdid
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Sweety, you are going through a normal stage of depression. I went through it to when I got out of the Army, decided to be a stay at home mom, then went through a divorce and couldn't find a job to save my life! It's a reasonable response to a situation like this.

Relax, now-a-days it takes 3-9 months for people to find a job no matter the field. There are so many people applying. My advice is to get new hobbies while you wait. Hobbies that boost your energy and make you feel great all over. Exercising is a great one, it even releases endorphins and boosts your over all health. Don't give up! Take it as a time to better yourself. You could even try some classes like pottery or martial arts. You never know.

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I hope you find a job, it takes some time though since the world is going to ish!

I feel the same as you, minus the job part. I have become miserbale and sick of doing the same thing over and over. It is driving me nuts, on top of other junk I have going on. I have been a stay at home mom for 8 years... :/

RubyQ
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM

hugs Just hugs!Hope you get your spark back soon!

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Congratulations on graduating.That is wonderful and a huge accomplishment! 

Watch out for the depression. That will suck the life out of you. This is a tough time to look for a job but by no means don't give up. You will find something. How long it will take, I don't know but it will happen.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:05 AM

*hugs*

mskeeinmd
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Don't stress and apply for unpaid internships that will allow you to get the experience for your resume. Put the job and the skills and expertise you're learning on your resume and apply. Be patient. It took me over 7 months to get this job I'm working now. That was from me applying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN