Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I respond to this FB message?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM
  • 18 Replies
So I totally don't know how to respond to a FB message. I said on my FB I needed a do over.. Everyone has those days they want to start over, right? This guy I went to school with made a comment.... I was nice & made the usual, how you been comments. He sent me a pm that said he had the biggest crush on me in high school...that was 20 years ago!! How do I respond to that? I am happily married, kids, dog & all that. What is a polite response? Thoughts, advice??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

oh, i've had those messages. i don't usually respond to them. 

RoxyJI
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. Don't respond at all and I would go so far as to DELETE DELETE DELETE. 

How very disrespectful of him =/

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:45 AM

I'd just delete it and move on.

RubyQ
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:10 AM
3 moms liked this

" Thank you, and my husband understands why."

RubyQ
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this

or, "Who wouldn't?"big smile mini

KRIZZ25
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this
say thank u ..mu husband has one to..lol
JulesNkids
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM

he probably thought you were having trouble in your marriage. I would tell him your flattered but happily married. if he questions your status which he probably thought you meant you wanted out of your marriage , just tell him you meant you had a bad day. if he continues to hit on you just delete him from your list and block him.  one guy on my list even after I asked him nicely to stop flirting with me he got worse and my bf was getting pissed. even a friend told him on my wall he was being rude to me and my bf by continuing to flirt even though I asked him to stop, he got even worse.  SO I had to delete and block him. 

I am sure yours was just a mis understanding. Just let him know you are happliy married.

Julie

come chat with me

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222
Sadie_J_0202
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

The guy knows you're married right? If so, and he's still trying to make a move, then he's a creep. I'd call him out on it myself, but that's just me. Just ignore him.

mskeeinmd
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for telling me that. My do over was not necessarily referring to high school, but the bad day I was having. I would never want to do my marriage over because I am happily married to a wonderful man. We have beautiful children that I would never wish to "do over". Take care!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)