Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What are funny things you've done to keep your kid believing in santa?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

I tell my kids if you believe you get if you don't believe you don't get from Santa. They are getting older so they are starting to question things. I don't want it to be over yet. We have too much fun messing with them. When my daughter was 4 we moved to our house from a trailer. Yay upgrade for mama. :) anyways Raven said "we have a chimney Santa will get to come down it like he's supposed to and not come thru the door".  She was so excited. We go see Santa and she asks him to bring Rudolph in with him. She was going to leave cookies for him too and she thought he should get to come in and get warm. In her little 4yr old mind she's thinking I'm gonna hear them and see them. Lol well I told her that Rudolph wasn't allowed in the house. She said Santa already said ok. I told her he is an animal and what if he poops on the floor. "He won't she says,he  flies mom he's smart" it cracked me up so I was telling my dad. Well my dad likes to prank. I followed my dads instructions and melted chocolate bars granted Halloween candy left over so it was mini bars of assorted kinds. Some with nuts.  Grossest pile of poo I've seen lol. We had went to a restaurant that night and she had brought home a coloring book. Well I'm not pouring chocolate reindeer poop on my floor. So I used the coloring book that she had left on the floor by the table we had the cookies on. She woke up and was livid. She wanted santas  number. The next year we went to see Santa she let him know Rudolph was not allowed in the house. And he needed to replace the coloring book. She even asked why he didn't clean up after his animal.   Haha you should of seen the confusion on santas face.  She's 9 and we still tease her and she's still not happy about it. This year I want to get someone to dress up and get a picture of him standing over them sleeping. That should get me a few more years of Santa. :) 

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww. Dd is 3.5. But my mom did piles of raisins like that to me. She said rudolf kissed me so I had to clean it up. When I was 9 her boss was santa. He knew my name and I was convinced. All the gifts werent from santa. They were also rom mrs. claus (clothes), rudolf, misfits, any christmas character you could think of. It was the most magical. We had the same santa traditions. When I got older and knew there wasnt santa I never said anything. My mom did the same gifts until I moved out. I appreciated what she did to make christmas magical and enjoyed it. And she enjoyed the traditions. Was the coloring book ever replaced? You could replace it from rudolf with a christmas card saying he is sorry and is now housebroken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this

The book was replaced lol. My mom used to put Santa on everything. Your childhood sounds a lot like mine was and I never admitted I knew it was her either.  We do presents from us but special ones from Santa. Their dad isn't as into it and says he's not buying stuff n someone else getting credit lol but he wasn't brought up like me. I try to make it fun. Every year I pick someone and wrap boxes in boxes use duct tape ect takes forever to get what it is and it might just be a gag gift or the best gift of all. I set it out and change the name daily. It's the only one that gets a name. This year I think I'm going to box duct tape for dd she loves duct tape but will expect something better. Lol   She will have to work to get it too.  

Sadie_J_0202
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I told my kid that Santa gets up and down the chimney by farting...

-__-

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM

That's cute!

This year I am making boot prints on the carpet!  I saw it on a blog and can't wait to do it!

http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/2009/12/25-days-of-christmasbetter-late-than.html

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I still get gifts from Santa (from my mom)

My son has Down syndrome and is quite delayed. I think Santa will be come to our house forever! The Easter bunny too! 

Missy5326
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

For about 12 dollars you can take a picture in your home and add santa.  I did this when my son was 11 with our dog in the picture and it bought me almost another year of believing.  But that Easter my damn daughter-in-law told him there was no easter bunny or santa.  Pissed me off big time.  I know, they know but if you ever tell me you don't believe, that's it, I'm done no christmas.

Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Yeah last year some kids at church told my kids Santa isn't real and we lie to them and buy everything. They were so upset. First I got ahold of the parents n ripped tem a new one they had no clue the boys had done that. So I explained to the kids people believe different things. Those kids don't get to experience the magic of Santa. If you believe you get if you don't you don't. Santa knows. So we try to do different things to keep them believing. A lot of kids at school don't believe but I feel lucky mine still do with all they have heard. I will have to check into the picture thing.  Thanks!

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM

We do not do anything really, we don't make a big deal about santa...

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I found out that my parents were Santa when I was 7.  I recognized the handwriting as my dad's on the Santa thanks you for the cookies, etc note.  It was cool because I got both Chanukah AND Christmas gifts :)

Kayla knows, and helps us be Santa for her little sisters and brother, and we do her Santa stuff, but if my other girls know they haven't let on that they know, which is awesome :)

Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I get special paper and have a friend write the note of thanks from Santa. We don't wrap the things from Santa we just set it out. They got them electric scooters last year and put in the note to check the garage because he couldn't get somethings down the chimney. I don't think they will ever admit they know. I remember when I found out I didn't want to admit it and my sister told my mom so after that she put from Santa on everything. I will never forget that. Christmas is my favorite time of year. Even though we do push the Santa thing we make sure they know the real meaning of Christmas. Santa is just a perk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN