Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

No Merry in Christmas this year

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

My DH and I have our business in Construction. The Economy is so bad, we recently had to shut our doors on the company, not a great time of year for this, I have 5 grandkids, all little, who are use to coming  to grammy's for a big Christmas, and as of right now, we can not afford to buy for them. I am so heart broken about this, By now I have usually got all my decorating done, this year I have done nothing, no tree. I have gone as far as telling my kids that I am not having xmas this year, I can not look into those little faces with nothing. Sorry had to vent!!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I am so very sorry. 

sjump25
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I am so sorry.

curlycupcake
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh, that's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. You know, something small but special can go a long way. Make up little mason jars of cookie mix with a note promising to have a special day baking with grandma. I bet that would mean more to them than a big gift anyway.
Hugs. I hope y'all land on your feet & work it out soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

your grandkids will be happy to see you.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

i am so sorry to hear this *HUGS*

maine2896
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Thanks everyone, I know I am new to this group, had a bad morning, Thanks again

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Welcome to the group.

I'm very sorry to hear, I know times are hard for a lot right now, including our family.

They will be happy to see you regardless if you have gifts or not. I'm sure there are some cheap gift or craft ideas you can maybe think of??

We have no decorations and not many presents either. This year has been very hard for us too. :/

maine2896
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Thank You, I am sorry to hear this about you also. I will just be glad when Dec is over, hoping the New Year brings better things

Quoting bigmama423:

Welcome to the group.

I'm very sorry to hear, I know times are hard for a lot right now, including our family.

They will be happy to see you regardless if you have gifts or not. I'm sure there are some cheap gift or craft ideas you can maybe think of??

We have no decorations and not many presents either. This year has been very hard for us too. :/

mrs.Martinez201
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Own where your.taxes stand but Sun loan and h&r block both do return loans
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM
I'm with you there.
I try to remind myself, it could always be worse...

Quoting maine2896:

Thank You, I am sorry to hear this about you also. I will just be glad when Dec is over, hoping the New Year brings better things

Quoting bigmama423:

Welcome to the group.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN