Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

No Merry in Christmas this year

Posted by   + Show Post

My DH and I have our business in Construction. The Economy is so bad, we recently had to shut our doors on the company, not a great time of year for this, I have 5 grandkids, all little, who are use to coming  to grammy's for a big Christmas, and as of right now, we can not afford to buy for them. I am so heart broken about this, By now I have usually got all my decorating done, this year I have done nothing, no tree. I have gone as far as telling my kids that I am not having xmas this year, I can not look into those little faces with nothing. Sorry had to vent!!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
harream
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM

So sorry :-( Praying things gets better soon for you!

harream
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quoting harream:

I also wanted to add that sometimes I think Christmas can be over the top with gifts when its suppose to be about spending time with friends and family and celebrating Christ birth (for us anyways) and being thankful :-)

If you grandkids are smaller (or any age really) you could make some homemade clay and have them help you make ornaments. I did that a couple yrs ago and our daughter loved it. I'm sure you could find a recipe online. Or you could make them by yourself as gifts for the kids for Christmas.

I hope you can have a nice time in spite of how things may look or seem right now.

maine2896
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I do not want to think anything can get worse, I am stressed enough

Quoting bigmama423:

I'm with you there.
I try to remind myself, it could always be worse...

Quoting maine2896:

Thank You, I am sorry to hear this about you also. I will just be glad when Dec is over, hoping the New Year brings better things

Quoting bigmama423:

Welcome to the group.

I'm very sorry to hear, I know times are hard for a lot right now, including our family.

They will be happy to see you regardless if you have gifts or not. I'm sure there are some cheap gift or craft ideas you can maybe think of??

We have no decorations and not many presents either. This year has been very hard for us too. :/

WorkFromHomeMum
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I totally understand what you are going through, I have been there before and it is heart breaking.  I feel for you and your family and others doing it tough at the moment. I pray that you and your families can still enjoy the joy and happiness that goes with christmas, even though you may not be able to afford the perfect gifts for them.  I thank my god everyday for providing me with the wisdom and strength to step up, and move forward and get through our tough times and presented me with an opportunity to create my own economy.  If it as not for this I fear where we would be now.  My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every one of you during this very trying time.  However,  stay positive, enjoy your time with family and friends and have a merry christmas, it is what money can not buy that matters not what money can buy.   Quoting harream:

Quoting harream:

I also wanted to add that sometimes I think Christmas can be over the top with gifts when its suppose to be about spending time with friends and family and celebrating Christ birth (for us anyways) and being thankful :-)

If you grandkids are smaller (or any age really) you could make some homemade clay and have them help you make ornaments. I did that a couple yrs ago and our daughter loved it. I'm sure you could find a recipe online. Or you could make them by yourself as gifts for the kids for Christmas.

I hope you can have a nice time in spite of how things may look or seem right now.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I am so sorry....  I can understand your heart break...  :( :( :(

mommybug77
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I am 35. I loved baking with my grandma growing up. We made and decorated all sorts of cookies.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM
2 moms liked this

hugs

calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Hugs I know how you feel. My dh just found out hes getting laid off again after christmas. It kinda takes all the joy out of the season!! Im glad I already bought dd a couple gifts because it looks like thats all shes getting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecili
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM

oh... i am sorry

KRIZZ25
happy fall y'all...
Today at 12:53 PM
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:35 AM
I,M SAME WAY ...HAVE THE GET TOGETHER.HAVE EVERY ONE BRING FOOD .TELL GRAND BABIES THAT NANA CANT DO LOT WRIGHT NOW .MAKE COOKIES WTH GRANDBABIES ..OR SOMETHING ..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)