Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Sigh

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

Man oh man im just exhausted i love being a sahm but my husband was gone for two weeks last month and i was by myself that time with three kids and one of them was only a month old and since hes been back i havnt had a chance to just have a day to myslef and im starting to feel a little overwhelmed and trying not to lose my patience! My middle is going through a mommy stage especially since shes not the baby anymore so thats really been the hardest shes always trying to climb on me and be near me every second even when i have the baby which is hard and then her older brother messes with her even though shes extra sensitive right now!! Oy vey i think this weekend calls for me time lol

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommydeanto3
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I know exactly how you feel. It's so important for you to get that "me" time, even if its just out to the store or a 15 minute bubble bath. I am also a SAHM and my husband doesn't get it. I feel like I never get a break. I love my kids more than anything, but that alone time is important, especially to keep your sanity.

viasacra18
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Omg right and on top of that my ac is broken and we live in fl and right now its actually warm so its almost 80 degrees in our house right now..my husband understands its just hes started with this new position and hes not used to being with three kids when ones a newborn for very long yet so i cant leave the house for very long or im afraid ill come home to chaos lol

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM

hugs  You're right, it sounds like you need some serious "me" time, a girls' night out or a date with your hubby without the kiddos.  Start your planning now!

viasacra18
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM

yes lol i think im going to!! thanks ladies

Quoting amonkeymom:

hugs  You're right, it sounds like you need some serious "me" time, a girls' night out or a date with your hubby without the kiddos.  Start your planning now!

luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

yes. definitely get some me time in this weekend. :)

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope that you can find some peace soon!

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I know exactly how you feel!

This is the first week I've been solo without my husband here, and dealing with these 4 lil monsters non stop is exhausting.

I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years and it is really starting to tear me apart. I have zero friends or family so I'm always stuck in this house...it really sucks. I have lots going on right now too, which isn't helping to lift my spirits at all.. :/

I hope you get some alone time!!

viasacra18
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Exactly and i feel so bad when i lose my patience at something i should not be losing my patience to..and i have very few friends who understand and the ones i do im not close to because were too different ...and i have family who had a baby two weeks after i had my youngest  so i was excited cause they moved back to fl and i was like yay i missed them and i thought our kids would grow up together and acting like an immature jerk and is refusing to spend anytime of the holidays with us because his baby hasnt been vaccinated yet and he doesnt want them around my kids until he is but hes been going around his fiances family so hes being two sided!! Grrrrr *smoke coming out of my ears* lol

Quoting bigmama423:

I know exactly how you feel!

This is the first week I've been solo without my husband here, and dealing with these 4 lil monsters non stop is exhausting.

I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years and it is really starting to tear me apart. I have zero friends or family so I'm always stuck in this house...it really sucks. I have lots going on right now too, which isn't helping to lift my spirits at all.. :/

I hope you get some alone time!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

*hugs*

I know how you feel.  I hope you can get some "me" time soon, although lately I think that "me" time is overrated.

RubyQ
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM

I have soooo been in your shoes. Just keep reminding yourself that's it's not forever even though it seems like it. I would keep telling myself to remember how fast they grow up and someday I'll be wishing they were little again. I was right! In the meantime, I hope you can hang in there and get a little rest here and there!feel better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)