Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Shopping for food is SHOCKING!!! Literally.

Posted by   + Show Post
Does this happen to anyone else? Everythme I go grocery shopping, I get attacked my static electricity! Seriously, everytime I reach out and touch anything metal, like my cart or handles in the diary and frozen food section, I get zapped. EVERYTIME! Sometimes it happens so much that I come home with a headache.

Anyone else?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
memgal11
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM

That happens because of dry skin.  It's a very common skin condition.

I switched to a product that I absolutely love and beats the price of any lotion out there.   Now, I'm a happy camper.

RubyQ
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Thelmama:

Yes and I have zapped my children too. And the zap usually is not jut a light zap, it makes you draw back.  What is up with that? I guess we have electrifying personalities. LOL

sidesplittinglaughterLuv it!

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, only the prices shock me!! ;)
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

That happens to me only in Walmart, lol.

squeekers
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

it may be the type of clothing you are wearing, as when you walk you can build static electricity up and when you reach out, letting go of the metal cart, you complete the connection and it arcs from you to the shelves.

I'm a Humanist.
Question everything, except your Mother.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy, Depression, Down Syndrome.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

not me

sexychica25
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM
The dairy case gets me every time and it drives me nuts!!!!
ihave1
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:25 AM

lol sometimes, but not always. 

trish_odi
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Its the dry air in the winter I am always getting zipped when I pet my dog Bella I don't like the supper market try not to go my man dose most of the shopping I can't deal with the crowds and people are so rude now a days seems like no one is happy
RubyQ
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Quoting squeekers:

it may be the type of clothing you are wearing, as when you walk you can build static electricity up and when you reach out, letting go of the metal cart, you complete the connection and it arcs from you to the shelves.

So true! Good point. I'm in the clothing business and have noticed that the quality of clothing has greatly decreased in what used to be even the best of stores. And the recent styles have necessitated a high use of polyester, elastic and spandex type of materials. These hold static from the dryer, and also just allow it to build up on you. Check your clothes. Do a majority of them contain these materials? Combined with the dry air another poster mentioned, these create the perfect conditions and could be contributing to this.

I have always preferred 100% cotton for everything i wear, so maybe this is why I don't experience this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN