Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shopping for food is SHOCKING!!! Literally.

Posted by   + Show Post
Does this happen to anyone else? Everythme I go grocery shopping, I get attacked my static electricity! Seriously, everytime I reach out and touch anything metal, like my cart or handles in the diary and frozen food section, I get zapped. EVERYTIME! Sometimes it happens so much that I come home with a headache.

Anyone else?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Replies (21-29):
m0m23b0ys458
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I've found if I touch the van with my elbow before I touch with my fingers,I don't get shocked.Sounds silly,I know,but it works.

Quoting mommieT:

it happens to me every single time I get out of my car and reach to close the door behind me I get a big loud pop and yes it does hurt.

CafeMom Tickers
Legaltype
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:39 AM

It happens sometimes. If you have another person with you, touch them before you touch something metal and that seems to help. I would say wear gloves but that would be a pain in the ass trying to handle groceries with gloves on (lol).

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Nope

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Wow these are interesting replies! Ill have to pay attention to what a wear next time. :-)
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM

No it doesn't happen to me.

Sisteract
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

The store needs to ground the carts. Ours hung a chain off the front of the cart that barely touched the floor and ended the circuit of static electricity and grounded the cart. Talk to your store manager.

witchybabymomma
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

LOL not shopping but happens to me ALL the time at work

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Oh wow! That's interesting!

Quoting Sisteract:

The store needs to ground the carts. Ours hung a chain off the front of the cart that barely touched the floor and ended the circuit of static electricity and grounded the cart. Talk to your store manager.

happinessforyou
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

You are a "shockingly" good time! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)