Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I need back surgery n no support

Posted by   + Show Post
I just found out my disk in my back is gone. Bone on bone. I'm going to have to have surgery and my man is not supportive. He doesn't listen to what I'm going thru. He didn't even realize my legs were going numb and my right one was going out from under me before my last Injection on Wednesday. He told me last night that I've been worse since the injection which I've been having back spasms on top of everything else and my sugar has been thru the roof. I get no help around the house I'm the only one that drives were working in getting his license back but I don't know when. how is this house is going to run with me getting the surgery and maybe staying in the hospital n not being able to drive. He goes to work at 2:30 am-3pm He is a good dad but does favor our daughter. I'm so stressed out thinking I'm going to have no control and my house is going to be upside down. I'm the one who does everything. How do I get the mindset to let it go and take care of myself and don't end up over doing it after the surgery which I've done many times before. I was driving 2 days after my last back surgery which wasnt as intense as this one will be. I drove with a cast on after ankle surgery and did grocery shopping. It's my back I don't want to be more disabled than I already am. I hope it fixes me and I can be normal and go back to work. I just don't know how to say screw it and not take care of everyone but me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Replies (11-15):
Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM
My mom passed away 9 years ago.

Quoting EireLass:

Invite your Mom to come stay with you.

Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM
He was a bad boy before me but he's not now just still paying the price and we've paid out the wazoo to get them back the BMV still is screwing us around. Loop hole after loop hole. Hes pd his price time n money. I've been the only driver for 11 years. But that's besides the point I need emotional and physical help. Men are idiots. Lol

Quoting bigmama423:

Sorry your hubby isn't being cooperative. Men are idiots 99.9% of the time.

Why can't he drive for the time being until you are able to? Maybe try talking to him a little more about your feelings and see if that helps at all??

Good luck with your surgery.

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Oh I know how that goes!

I've been driving with a suspended license for 3 years. Shhh don't tell anyone. ;) I do not have $1000 plus to get it back either!

Well I hope he comes around for you.

Quoting Rantin1raven:

He was a bad boy before me but he's not now just still paying the price and we've paid out the wazoo to get them back the BMV still is screwing us around. Loop hole after loop hole. Hes pd his price time n money. I've been the only driver for 11 years. But that's besides the point I need emotional and physical help. Men are idiots. Lol

Quoting bigmama423:

Sorry your hubby isn't being cooperative. Men are idiots 99.9% of the time.

Why can't he drive for the time being until you are able to? Maybe try talking to him a little more about your feelings and see if that helps at all??

Good luck with your surgery.

wendy269
by Wendy on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:30 AM

I dont know where you live but can he take a bus or cab to work? Take care of yourself right now , you'll be no good for your kids later if you dont hun. And he should be ashamed of himself not helping you.

Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM
We live in an itty bitty town of 2500 tops. We don't have services like that. He gets rides to work but after that his job is done. It's on me to make sure everything else is taken care of plans made ect. And he wants things done on his time in his way. My thought to that is get off your ass n do it yourself. Needless to say there's quite a few arguments at our house. I don't hide my feelings and he just ignores them.

Quoting wendy269:

I dont know where you live but can he take a bus or cab to work? Take care of yourself right now , you'll be no good for your kids later if you dont hun. And he should be ashamed of himself not helping you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)