Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If a couple had a surrogate mother, who do you throw a baby shower for

Posted by   + Show Post

the couple who's going to have the baby or the surrogate who carries the baby for 9 months?

Doesn't the surrogate deserve something?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (11-17):
RoxyJI
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM
As a surrgoate, I don't expect anything. I would love to be involved and present at the shower though. Not possible for me though since my intended parents are international.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:18 AM
Yes, she deserves a gift card party for all those new clothes she'll be able to get into
Again! Target, kohls, Ross, t j maxx, any store that has a clothing section!

If someone has be selfless enough to feel sick, pee constantly, heartburn, the first kicks that had be exciting yet a little sad....she deserves AT least a new wardrobe afterwards, IMO !

There will be a shower for the baby, all the stuff they asked for /need for the new arrival.

A surrogate deserves more than a thank you card. Her hormones will be the ones out of whack for months, maybe even a form of depression....a retail therapy shower for her would be a great idea!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

No, for the women who will keep the baby!

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I would have the shower for the couple and invite the surrogate.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM

both, I am sure that they have a diff circle of friends so you could throw for both. the couple raising the baby could get all the baby things and the surrogate could get things to be pampered with.

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I would throw the shower for the couple and maybe do something else nice for the surrogate.

Rocsi718
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM
You throw the bby shower for the couple, I would get the surrogate special gift for her kindness and generosity.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)