Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

why am I surprised.....

Posted by   + Show Post

So i will try to make this short. My ex and i were together for 15yrs. I have two children before we met. Even tho we were together for sometime and did marry, Xh did not take a active role in caring for the boys. In fact he would get annoyed if they interferred with any of his time w me. when we met i was a very successful fulltime working mom. My mother watched the kids. So the XH never had them when i was working. Needless to say Xh  selfishness among many other things caused me to divorce him. My boys were so happy I finally did. We have been divorced for almost 4 yrs now. And we share a son who is 7.

ANyway....with all this said. My XH went and got a tatoo with all 3 boys initials in it. My older boys are mortified and cant believe he did such a thing. I wouldnt even have a opinion if it was just our son(outside of my own beliefs, which are the native way...you dont put names, initials, of any sort unless that person has passed)..but hes not native so hes allowed i guess. But the fact he included MY older boys......just blows my mind. BUT as I stated before.....WHY AM I SO SURPRISED. My BFF says i have no right to be anymore. He has done so many things that are so wrong, in so many ways.......

ok vent over.....lol

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Replies (11-14):
angirose
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Quoting ihave1:

Maybe he really did care about them. 

I dont denie he does....I only wish he could find a more constructive way to show the boys that he cares. He let them both so confused and hurt by the way things ended and hasnt taken any time to be with them since. My boys both had to months of counciling after the marriage to get over everthing. So actions like this only bring it all back. We arent mean and ugly people. We are only hesitant to the meaning of anything he does.

But thank you for your thoughts......have a good day :0)

ihave1
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Quoting angirose:

Quoting ihave1:

Maybe he really did care about them. 

I dont denie he does....I only wish he could find a more constructive way to show the boys that he cares. He let them both so confused and hurt by the way things ended and hasnt taken any time to be with them since. My boys both had to months of counciling after the marriage to get over everthing. So actions like this only bring it all back. We arent mean and ugly people. We are only hesitant to the meaning of anything he does.

But thank you for your thoughts......have a good day :0)

That really sucks.  Hope that your boys are good now.  

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

That is rather odd. People are strange though. :)

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM

It definitely could be worse, but I can understand your frustration.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN