Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Hardest ages for boys

Posted by   + Show Post
My boys are 4 and almost 6. So far this age group has been the worst! I loved the newborn to 2 years old. 3 was okay, but 4-6 has been stressful. Please tell y'all's experience. What age does it get at least a little less stressful?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Replies (11-18):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I've heard that lots, lol.  I'm expecting a hellion in his teenage years, lol.  Then, if that doesn't happen I will be pleasantly surprised. :)

Quoting paganbaby:

Lucky!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I haven't hit a hard age in my son yet.  He's 4 and has been the easiest child I have had.

jmama0307
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 9:03 PM

lol my son is 5 and a half and omg it's very hard right now. I loved when he was baby up to a yr. 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I think it gets worse after they hit that big adult age of 18

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I haven't hit a really hard age yet.  He just turned 4 and so far easy. 

hplesha
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:58 AM
My oldest is 7. Since he was 5 it's been the toughest with him not wanting to listen and us butting heads. I love the newborn to 3-4 stage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eoewan
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I have 4 children and 2 of them are boys. One is aged 30 yrs old and the other is 9 months old. In my experience the worst age for a boy is 13 to 15 yrs old. They are really pushing for independence, and with hormones raging, it can get pretty rough at times. My only suggestion is hug them and tell them you love them as much as they will let you. And believe me, you will not want to hug him as much as he won't want you to. LOL  But do it anyways.

slide_of_fun
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Right now he is 2 and I'm having a hard time with him. Otherwise I have no other opinion on it. He is my only boy

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Ugh - 3 was the worst for us.

Mine are now 4 (almost 5!) and 8.

My older son was also 3 when we had ds2, so that might have complicated matters a bit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)