Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

MARRIED MAN IN HIS LATE 30S

Posted by   + Show Post

GOOD MORNING I WANTED TO KNOW FROM YOU GALS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT A MARRIED MAN  IN HIS LATE 30S WITH CHILDREN. SHOULD HE STILL BE HANGING OUT AT NIGHT CLUBS EVERY OTHER WEEKEND ??? I WANTED TO KNOW FROM OTHERS TO SEE  WHAT THEY THOUGHT???

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Replies (31-35):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Every other weekend seems like a lot to me, but if he's spending enough time with his family and not neglecting his responsibilities, I don't see the issue. I probably wouldn't be upset if my husband went out that much.
EireLass
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Well, I'd have to agree with the 'coming home when the sun comes up'. Not acceptable. My reasons for it to not be acceptable is that I'd be assuming you drank so much that you couldn't drive. Okay, that's responsible, to stay at someone's house rather than drive. But if they can drive you to their house, they can drive you home.

We don't really drink, so if it were my guy wanting to go to the bar, I'd have weird thoughts and feelings about it. Just as he would of me.

But going out and being active away from your spouse isn't reason for concern....to me. But ever marriage is different, and the dynamics are different. Heck, I know a couple where he has continually cheated on her for 20 years. She's very aware of it. But it's how she chooses to live.

Quoting Childs-Still:

NO ONE EVER SAID HE WASNT SUPPOSE TO HAVE FUN BUT THERE COMES A TIME IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU REACH A CERATIN AGE LEVEL. CERTAIN THINGS CHANGE AND GOING TO A NIGHT CLUB EVERY WEEKEND & COMING HOME WHEN THE SUN IS ABOUT TO COME UP IS NOT HOW A MARRIED MAN SUPPOSE TO ACT. I KNOW WE ALL ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE OUR OWN OUTLET BUT IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT WITH ME GOING TO A NIGHT CLUB EVERY WEEKEND WOULD IT HOLD THE SAME SANDARDS???

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Every family is different.  If the wife is okay with that, then fine.  Guys need their nights out too.

MrsRobinson84
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
No way he should be going out that many times and to clubs. I understand a guys night out every once in awhile. I surely don't go out that much and god forbid I did it would be a big problem!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Eh dh is 34 and we will have two DDs in Jan and it wouldn't bother me if it was every now and then. Him and his BFF stayed home and watched the babies while me and his BFFs wife went to the bar together for a girls night. He doesn't drink or dance tho so I'm not sure exactly what he would go to do lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)