Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My daughter is 9 and is against bulling. Any ideas to help her get the word out?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM
  • 18 Replies

With all new news of girls committing suicide and being beaten by peers I've tried to keep my daughter informed on how to react to bulling. She takes it serious, she stands up for kids that are being bullies and has been bullied herself. She's been called fat, clumsy, pushed, and hit. We have went over different things she can do tell me #1, tell a teacher, ignore it ect. She recently wrote the principal an annonomous letter letting her know things that were happening on the playground. I'm proud of her of how serious she's taking it. I had shoed her a site on FB Ponytails against bulling. She wears ponytails most the time. Well she took it upon herself to look other things up to support the cause and found wearing pink supports it. Pink is not her favorite color but last week she wore pink everyday. She tried to get some kids on board with her and they told her she was dumb and was a liar. I spoke with her teacher and an aid to let then know what she was trying to accomplish hoping that would help. She's getting discouraged how do I keep her spirt up. She is amazing to me and I want to support her as much as possible. Any ideas?

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM

For starters congrats on raising a daughter that is so amazing you must be proud. Look up the schools policy on bulling and asked that it be enforced, do you participate in anything where other parents are around? Maybe get some of the parents on board as well. 

Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM
We have a no bulling policy at our school and our principal and teachers are very good at inforcing those rules. She is in Girl Scouts but it is a different town we go to so it wouldn't make a big impact where we are but she has talked her leader about it. I am very proud of her.

Quoting Bonneata:

For starters congrats on raising a daughter that is so amazing you must be proud. Look up the schools policy on bulling and asked that it be enforced, do you participate in anything where other parents are around? Maybe get some of the parents on board as well. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM
What an awesome and beautiful daughter you have! Maybe she can make some sort of awareness fliers and post them around school.I'm not really sure...kids can be very mean though. :(
Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Thank you! Yes they can be mean. I try to explain they are mean because they have personal issues maybe not the best home life and want to make others feel bad too. I'm not saying her life is perfect lol we have our issues but I do try to raise them with respect. I was bullied and became the bullies bully. I'm ashamed of how I treated some people but I can't take it back. Some deserved part of it lol but I was a very unhappy kid and hated life. I won't even go to a class reunion knowing how mean I was. I still have issues to this day with being self conscious and not feeling good enough so it's important to me to teach them right. The flyers are a good idea. I thought about having a meeting with the principal to maybe do a week of sponsoring it. There are so many kids that have no role models or parents that just don't care. I know the older they get the worse it is.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM

maybe make fliers or make her own facebook page other than that I'm not sure. 

good luck to her and great job on raising an amazing little girl

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Good job momma! You have a beautiful, kind hearted daughter. My only suggestion is what she is already doing, looking online and maybe teaming up with one of those organizations or getting ideas from there. 

She can do it! Keep it up. Tell her you never know who you are helping and all efforts are so worth it!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM

YOU go sweet girl. You keep it up. One person can make a difference. If you make a difference for even one person it matters.

An old man was walking on a beach. 1000s of star fish had been caught ashore when the tide went out.  A little boy was tossing them, one by one back into the sea. The old man told him it didn't matter his task was impossible. The little boy took a start fish and flung it into the sea and he said  "It mattered to that one", threw in another and said "it mattered to that one"

So you see sweet little girl, it matters to someone.  You are awesome. Keep it up.  Get a shirt with a starfish and remember "it mattered to that one".

Thelmama
by Thelma on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

It matters and as the mother of children who are small for their age and have been teased, it does matter.

Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I love this story. I will share it with her first thing in the morning. Very inspiring she's wanting to do flyers now maybe she can use it. Thanks so much. 

DieselsMom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:36 AM

against anti bullying??? so she is FOR BULLYING??? Have her join "the brand UR"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)