Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My daughter is 9 and is against bulling. Any ideas to help her get the word out?

Posted by   + Show Post

With all new news of girls committing suicide and being beaten by peers I've tried to keep my daughter informed on how to react to bulling. She takes it serious, she stands up for kids that are being bullies and has been bullied herself. She's been called fat, clumsy, pushed, and hit. We have went over different things she can do tell me #1, tell a teacher, ignore it ect. She recently wrote the principal an annonomous letter letting her know things that were happening on the playground. I'm proud of her of how serious she's taking it. I had shoed her a site on FB Ponytails against bulling. She wears ponytails most the time. Well she took it upon herself to look other things up to support the cause and found wearing pink supports it. Pink is not her favorite color but last week she wore pink everyday. She tried to get some kids on board with her and they told her she was dumb and was a liar. I spoke with her teacher and an aid to let then know what she was trying to accomplish hoping that would help. She's getting discouraged how do I keep her spirt up. She is amazing to me and I want to support her as much as possible. Any ideas?

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Replies (11-18):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:48 AM
So she supports bullying or is against it? I'm confused why you would be stressing bullying to a 9 year old. Other than teaching her to be self aware if someone bullies her or to tell if someone bullies another child and she sees it. Also no one like a tattle tale. Pushing and pushing your child to be over the top ends up drawing negative attention to your child. Let her be little and not have to stress about these things on a daily basis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:08 AM
She is against it!! She's been bullied and she's not a tattle tale. She feels strongly about treating people right. If she wants to support anti bulling I'm not going to discourage her. She is allowed to be a kid and she is a great kid. She's in sports Girl Scouts and is happy go lucky. I'm not going to shelter her from this evil world. As her mother it is my job to teach her how to deal with people who disrespect others. If she comes home upset that someone has done something horrible to her or a friend I'm not going to tell her it's ok. And I don't know where the confusion is on her supporting bulling. I know I'm doing the right thing and who are you to judge when obviously you don't see bulling a major problem. She's 9 and cares that's admirable in my eyes. I'm proud she's mine.
Rantin1Raven
Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:29 AM
Quoting DieselsMom:

against anti bullying??? so she is FOR BULLYING??? Have her join "the brand UR"

She is against bulling period. She is a good girl with a big heart that has seen for herself it is a problem. I will support her as this is a positive thing she is doing. It takes a lot for a 9 yr old to stand up for what she believes in. I'm not pushing anything it's everywhere and she has been bullied she got tired of it stuck up for herself And she's the one that got in trouble. That's why she feels so strong about it. She talks to me and I let her think of ways to handle it appropriately. I think she's doing good.
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

All what a good mission, My kids stick up for the under dogs as they are called and they also friend them, I would say start at school not other do kids bully so do teachers and adults. Sit back and watch then speak loud and clear.

Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:43 AM

I have contacted a non profit organization on her behalf called Angels and Doves Inc. they responded to me via email and are willing to help. I'm not sure what it will intell, but when I told Raven she was excited. I'm going to be speaking with a lady today to find out more information. I am very proud and will support her I think it takes a lot to take such a stand on a big issue at her age. 

Quoting PurpleHazey:

All what a good mission, My kids stick up for the under dogs as they are called and they also friend them, I would say start at school not other do kids bully so do teachers and adults. Sit back and watch then speak loud and clear.

Rantin1Raven
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Wonderful!  There should be more like your daughter out there.  My 12 year old daughter has been bullied for most of her life because she is "different".  She has ADHD and is bipolar, but is a sweetheart as well.

Rantin1raven
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I'm not sure where you live but look up organizations. We found Angels and Doves non profit and they are going to do what they can thru the school and community. I have a 7 yr old ADHD son I think it makes it harder for them especially. Good luck we have made more progress in a short time Thani ever thought.  My daughter has decideded to go all out and I'm supporting her 100%. 

Rantin1Raven
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Quoting Rantin1raven:

I have contacted a non profit organization on her behalf called Angels and Doves Inc. they responded to me via email and are willing to help. I'm not sure what it will intell, but when I told Raven she was excited. I'm going to be speaking with a lady today to find out more information. I am very proud and will support her I think it takes a lot to take such a stand on a big issue at her age. 

Quoting PurpleHazey:

That is very good to hear, you have to be proud of her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)