Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My car was broken into last night! Glass shattered everywhere.  They took my Michael Kore purse and everything inside. Then they broke into my husbands truck taking his gun and bullets. My husband just supplied this guy (unintentionally) with a murder weapon. He was going hunting in the morning. Called police no prints. THEN I see a late green Honda accord in front of my driveway and he slowly creeps away. It was a large 200lb black man with a beanie on his head. Then five minutes later he goes passed my house again. I pointed my finger at him and said, "I see you!" Then he went five houses down parked behind a red truck and he saw me watching and then took off. WTH! If something happends to us at least I will have this for the cops to look at!  Shitty morning. Im done ranting:)

pregnancy calendar
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Replies (11-16):
RubyQ
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting offrdngal:

This makes them a "person of interest"...the cops will talk to him and verify whether or not he's telling the truth.  If he's telling the truth, then nothing will happen to him.  You'd be surprised by how many criminals will stick around...to see how much attention is generated.

Quoting RubyQ:

I am so sorry this happened to you! 

But, ok--whoa! You have made this guy out to be the definite culprit with out any facts. Also, you have assumed that he is automatically a murderer. I'm not saying he couldn't be things, but these are pretty drastic conclusions with so little evidence.

A few things are puzzling--why would he hang around so long,  then drive back to the crime scene, THEN also stay in the near vicinity, and risk being identified after a 'noise making' robbery? And all this after getting such an obviously profitable amount of goods?

What if he was just someone driving by, noticed the shattered glass and was debating whether to tell you or something? What if he was the newspaper person? Or a person delivering ads?

This an awful thing that has happened to you, and I am truly sorry to hear this for you. But don't add jumping to conclusions to this awful event.  I think it's reasonable to describe him as a 'suspect' because he was in the area--but not the definite robber, or a murderer based on circumstantial evidence.

Thanks for the clarification.

Texascandee
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM

That's horrible and then for this guy to pull that?  Strange for sure but I'm curious why your purse was in your car and why your husband had a gun and bullets in his truck?  I know you said he was going hunting but shouldn't the gun/bullets been taken out with him the morning he left?  Just curious

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

That sucks! I've had my cars broken into 3 times. First time, they shattered my window and ripped the light out of the roof, but there was nothing in the car for them to take. 2nd times the stole the face plate from the stereo and some burnt cds. 3rd time they stole my dads wallet. It was an empty wallet I kept in my glove box since he passed away. That hurt the most, I was so pissed and sad I just wanted to kill anyone who even walked by my cars.

JOEJULA
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Yeah Im thanking at this point of just living my cars unlocked with nothing in them. That way I wont have to pay 200 dollars to fix the widow every time my car is brokin into. If they take the car they take the payment with them:)

alexgia
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:16 PM
someone broke my neighbor's car window to get in her car and the window on the other side was rolled down!
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Scary! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN