Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Deciding whether or not to have another baby

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

My husband mentioned to me yesterday that he wants another baby. We currently have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I am a SAHM who takes classes online and will start homeschooling our daughter next year. I would like another baby too but at 39 years old I'm just not sure if I should...my last pregnancy was not an easy one.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

It's your body, your choice. I don't really have any advice or suggestions, besides maybe talking to your doctor due to your age and seeing what's best for you.

I personally wouldn't have any kids at that age. I'm already done having kids though.

Bek22
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 38 and just had #4. It was a rough pregnancy, but I'll spare you the details. I love it and am super happy we decided to have another. It is busy busy 24/7, but that's what I signed up for. Make sure you really really want to first. I don't know if you will be like me, but it took a little time to get pregnant. What ever you decide, I wish you the best:)

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I had my last two at 37 and 40. I was definitely worn out at the end of the day esp as they moved through toddlerhood and preschool.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM
i would tell him it will be more work.more expenses ,no more sleep ..lot to thank about.
ProudMommy51006
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I wouldn't at that age. Risky imo. But it's truly up to you :)
TexanMomOf6
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe adoption instead of going through another rough pregnancy? The end results are the same. Another baby to love!!

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Yes, this.,.so I don't have to come up with original words to express the same thinking. ;-)

Quoting bigmama423:

It's your body, your choice. I don't really have any advice or suggestions, besides maybe talking to your doctor due to your age and seeing what's best for you.

I personally wouldn't have any kids at that age. I'm already done having kids though.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Yep!

Quoting bigmama423:

Lindsey1126
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM
18 years is a very long time
mommydeanto3
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Actually we have considered adoption too. Thank you for all of the responses. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)