Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

To stay with my husband or enough is enough time to move on.

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

I been with the same man for 17 years .In these 17 years the onlyhing that went on is him drinking everyday.Just come home to eat and go sleep.Then his' family keeps blaming me for his' problems and keep calling my phone with dirty little messages and he don't even take uo for me.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa_anne
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

honestly that would be enough for me, the drinking would be putting a stop to our marriage.  I grew up with 2 alcoholics and i told DH that if he ever became one i was gone.  I am sorry that you have to go through this. 

Bek22
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be gone. Life is short and you deserve happiness.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That's no way to live :-(

sofrustrated01
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

There must be something that has kept you with him for 17 years as that is no way to live. How many children do you have?

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't live like that....life is too short for unhappiness....I just couldn't do it.  I wouldn't want to look back and wonder.

sjump25
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I'm sorry you are dealing with this

Quoting Bek22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Agreed!

Quoting Bek22:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
INTEGRITYspeaks
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to read that you are going through this. The truth - this is not your fault!!! A man can change when he wants to... But to have you go through it like that is not worth it!!!! 17 years is a long time!!!! If you have kids that see this... it is best for you to get out of the situation for your kids!!! Your kids do not deserve to be in that kind of environment!!!! 

maine2896
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I was married for 11 years to some one who drank and was very abusive, its not an easy thing to do, living with or leaving. It wears on you both phy and mentally.  Leaving was hard but in the long run it was a blessing, I met my now bf and have been together for almost 13 years. You must do what is best for you, not him or his family and if you have kids, its really not something you want your babies around. There is help out there, and remember its not your fault, it took me years to learn that one.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Has he seen someone for his drinking problem? That's a long time! It hasn't affected his health yet? If he hasn't went for help yet, you should try to encourage him. I don't know what pain or sorrow that's causing him to drink so much?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN