Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would you do this to your daughter?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you do the same in my position?

Options:

I sure would. It's hard to get into mischief with your little sibling tagging along.

No. I would be the one hanging out with her and her friends.

No I wouldn't giver her chaperones at all.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

My daughter's 13 years and peer pressure is starting to mount :-( She's always been a good kid, I never really had to worry about her before but now things are starting to change. The other day her church was having a special event. All of the adults were in the courtyard listening to music and the junior high kids were on the playground. After she got home, she told me what they were playing.

Kissing truth or dare...

Her first kiss was a dare with a boy she didn't even like. I'm so sad... I explained to her why I didn't want her kissing anyone.The risk of herpes, saving her kisses for someone who likes and respects her, ect ect. But even with all of that, I'm afraid peer pressure will get to her again and she'll end up doing something she regrets.

So I came up with a plan. Chaperones!!!! She can hang out with her friends all she likes but if there is no adult supervision, she needs to take her brother or sister along with her. Oh she made a big fuss about but I could tell she was relieved. Now she can blame me instead of looking uncool in front of the other kids :-)

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM

It's a trick I got from my mom. When my sister was a teenager I remember having to shadow her everytime she went on a date. It was boring for me but she never did anything,lol.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Absolutely would!  I know my girls would jump at the chance as well ;)

kcrogue
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Tough age I remember telling people my mom said I couldn't play those games. Luckily the gal that was like the leader of the group was really respectful of parents and made sure it was respected and I was not made fun of. Still in sixth grade I sought out a new group of friend because I couldn't stand the peer pressure. It was tough and I don't think most 12 year olds would even think to do that. Think this is a really good idea, way to go!

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM

That's great,lol. How many do you have again?

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Absolutely would!  I know my girls would jump at the chance as well ;)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM

It's a hard age. And that's so good that you were able to stand up like that! Unfortunately my daughter doesn't have as much fire...hence the chaperones,lol.

Quoting kcrogue:

Tough age I remember telling people my mom said I couldn't play those games. Luckily the gal that was like the leader of the group was really respectful of parents and made sure it was respected and I was not made fun of. Still in sixth grade I sought out a new group of friend because I couldn't stand the peer pressure. It was tough and I don't think most 12 year olds would even think to do that. Think this is a really good idea, way to go!

sjump25
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Sure... why not.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Okay.

Quoting sjump25:

Sure... why not.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
No I would tell her about the rules and punish her for breaking them. I would not embarrass her with siblings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely!  I'd take it even one step further though and let her know that if she's ever feeling pressured to do something she's not comfortable with, she can use the excuse that her mom doesn't want her to/won't let her.  My own 15 year old uses that excuse to get out of things that might cause her trouble.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM

She's not embarrassed to take them.

Quoting marchantmom06:

No I would tell her about the rules and punish her for breaking them. I would not embarrass her with siblings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)