Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

scared of death .

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM
  • 20 Replies

my dog is 15 & on the downward spiral . he's still happy as a clam (: ! just old . and i can't stop but thinking about him dying . i can't even think about it without wanting to burst into tears . and then i think about my 63 alcoholic dad & 53 alcoholic mother and how long they will last . and everytime i think about them passing , i want to burst in tears . i just don't want anyone to die :( i can't accept it and don't want it to ever happen ,and i'm sure everyone feels the same way .

how can i stop making myself so sad about all this :( i try to let go , let god and enjoy the moment but i always start getting upset and getting myself all worked up and have anxiety attacks :(

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I'm sorry, I'm afraid of death or losing a loved one.  I have not slept for days or even know what day it is.  I try not to think about it.  My mom is sick in the hospital and I can't breath when I think about it.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Counseling, and perhaps medication, even on a short-term basis. Been there myself quit a bit over the last few years, with pets & people. It's no shame to reach out for help!
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I'm afraid of death too. But sadly my mom died in 2010, my 10 yr old son in july. Death is a part of life, we live to die. It scares me thinking about my son, how he fought cancer, but doctors couldn't or wouldn't help him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laughingsqua125
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM

talk to a pastor read books on surviving after loved ones passed

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Have you talked to your doctor about the anxiety attacks?

Quoting georgiapeachh:

my dog is 15 & on the downward spiral . he's still happy as a clam (: ! just old . and i can't stop but thinking about him dying . i can't even think about it without wanting to burst into tears . and then i think about my 63 alcoholic dad & 53 alcoholic mother and how long they will last . and everytime i think about them passing , i want to burst in tears . i just don't want anyone to die :( i can't accept it and don't want it to ever happen ,and i'm sure everyone feels the same way .

how can i stop making myself so sad about all this :( i try to let go , let god and enjoy the moment but i always start getting upset and getting myself all worked up and have anxiety attacks :(

georgiapeachh
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM

i did . i'm currently on depression meds. i'm going to see him next week to talk about the attacks . i had a severe one last week . so i will talk to him . thank y'all for y'alls support . and i'm sorry for your losses .

merryvoice
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally understand you. My dog is about 16 and declining in health, and so is one of my cats. It's very hard not to think about it every single day, especially when you see they can't get up and down the stairs as well and you see the tired and old in their eyes. Just enjoy every single second you've got and give them the best life that you can. 

hemlockprimrose
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Death is something nobody wants to think about. especially with your parents... I have lost both my parents my dad 15 years ago and my mom 2 years ago... I was with my dad when he passed away.. yeah It was the day after Thanksgiving 1997 he had been in the hospital the whole month of November and they let him come home for Thanksgiving day and had to have him back at the hospital the day after Thanksgiving.. Well I was taking him back to the Hospital that Friday morning and about 5 miuntes from the hospital he put his head back... He was gone .... I am a big believer everything happens for a reason.. we may not understand ... at the time. but I do think it made me a stronger person... and well my brother was with my mom... Please don't let your fears take over your life... 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I'm afraid of that too.  It's hard not to think about it.  *hugs*

georgiapeachh
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you ladies so much . everything y'all al said really helped . i know i'll see them again , but it's just scary . and like hemlockprimose said , i can't let my fears take over my life . we have one life and we will all meet again .. it's just really stressing me out.. i cant let it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)