Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Children, Beautiful Children!

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:07 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hello,

My name is Gwenda Lyn and I am a Grandparent of five, of which I raised two as my own children out of necessity because of both of my Daughters maturity problems (I’m sure many here know the story well).

I’ve been on disability from retail sales positions for a number of years which turned out to be a blessing in disguise as far as being available full-time for my Grand-kids.

I am a Transgendered woman so many things have been very difficult in my personal and family life. I am now, finally, right with myself, my LORD, and all those around me.

I sincerely hope I will be allowed to remain here as a member and contributor to this group and the CafeMom social media site as well.

Following below is a reply I posted on another Forum in response to a member's posting titled, "Is It Possible To Think Too Much." I hope it will give everyone some insight into who I am and what I feel about in my life.  

Like they say Girl, "Life's A Bitch And Then You Die"

But no really, Jelissa, everything you stated has been pondered on by me and I'm sure many others as well. I think so many of us are so consumed with our "T" that all we can think of, or set our goals and aspirations towards, is to make and get right our sexual existence. Once we do attain that it might even seem to be a let down as far as what else in life is there?

What does make an enormous difference in our lives turns out to be a truly loved one. Be it a spouse, partner, mate, or even more so, a child and grandchild that you had an instrumental part of in their creation. Suddenly, at that point, you start to realize how significant and utterly important your existence to them is. Then you start understanding that your T is such a minute part of your place in the lives of your loved ones. It's your soul and spirit that are the true connection with them.

Here is a music video from The Kinks that when I, as a middle class white kid from suburbia first listened to, made me realize that there were so many other types of people in the world, and that we are all on this trip together no matter what our game plan in it was.

I would title this video, "Children, Beautiful Children!"

The Kinks ~ You're My Brother

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:09 AM

nice to meet you, I can't see the video but welcome

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Welcome , great video

LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Wednesday at 11:56 PM
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Welcome!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Welcome to The Lounge!

Why do you think you wouldn't be allowed to be a member here?  Is it because you are transgendered?  I know I personally don't have a problem with that at all.  I'm an equal opportunity friend.  I can't speak for the other ladies here, but I do know that The Lounge has the least amount of drama that I've seen on Cafemom.  We are all awesome ladies that are very welcoming :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)