Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happened..

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM
  • 11 Replies
All the close friendships I had in high school and college are gone.. i have basically zero girlfriends :-( i don't have a sister and i am missing out on girl bonding. Does anyone else have this problem?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Yes, but I don't miss any of them, actually. I see blurbs on FB and have become closer with people I didn't hang out with during those periods. No one close here, but again, I don't miss them... Or girl "bonding" in any form. I've tried several times, it was always one sided to thier benefit.
I'm on great terms with my mother and mil. I'm secure with that.
I really lost the need to get together with other women( I do wish there was a MOPS group just for the socialization of my son. If an aquaintence from there hit it off with me, cool.,. But I'm okay either way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
artistmom889
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I left my home state and all my friends when I got married. isolated myself for years, but I've got most of them back by way of the internet.

Melissa_anne
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM

yep, i feel really alone sometimes.  I moved away when i got married and I barely talk to the people i grew up with... I do have friends that i have made where i moved to but we all get busy with kids and married life

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I have no friends where I am (well I thought I did but they were using me for my brother) after my brother went back home, they stopped wanting to hang out.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I don't keep up with anyone from HS - only a few from college/grad school.

Most of my friends I met since moving 10 years ago.  (I would bet I would have kept in touch with friends from hs/college/grad school if still in the area - but where I live now is far from home).

How old are your kiddos?  A lot of my friend are also moms I met along the way...

SRUsarahSC
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I have very limited contact with all but a few, I moved far away and I work from home so it's not like I met new people through work....but my husband is my best friend and I'm his so I'm mostly content.  Would be nice to have someone to go get a pedi with but I'm so busy the one friend I do have in the area I barely get to see.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I never had any close girl friends.  My BFFs are guys.  I also don't have a sister.  Well, I do, but I found out about her when I was 13.  My dad cheated on my mom and the woman he cheated with had her.  We aren't close.  My dad told me she was going to be my maid of honor at my wedding and I haven't seen her since :/

So yeah...I know the feeling.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm in occasional contact with my best friend from my first high school.   We live about 2,000 miles apart, though, so most of that contact is via email or IM.   She actually IM'd me today, but it was just after I found out about the shooting in CT.  I really was not in the mood to talk, so I just closed the IM window.

RubyQ
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Are you a fairly recently new mom? This is normal for your age and time of life. When you are in high school and college, you have more free time to cultivate and maintian friendships. Those years are all about what you want to do--and a lot less about what others--jobs, husbands, and kids want and need you to do. So it's most likely that way for the people in your past relationships , too. Rather than being a regular part of your everyday like high school and college, time for friendships becomes kind of a luxury you squeeze into 'free' time--along with rest, taking care of yourself, hobbies, and all the other stuff we can't do!

This will gradually pass as your children get older and more independent. Hang in there!

i.love.my.life
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:07 AM
I feel ya!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)